Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see if others have items that they will not eat in a public setting/dining out, for whatever reason. I'll start: I will not eat ribs, chicken (on a bone) or corn (on a cob). Way too messy; would much rather enjoy them in the comfort/privacy of my home. Am I being ridiculous or are there certain things you won't eat when you go out to a restaurant?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
When I go out to eat, I will not order something I must "bite into" due to the mess, the drippings, and the potential stuff that may end up in my teeth.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Unless it's like a first date or a formal dinner where I'm wearing a suit and tie, I usually just go to town on whatever I'm eating and also eat what I want.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
I hate mushrooms, so will not eat those at home nor out to eat.

I also hate fat/gristle. If I get a steak, I'll trim ALL the fat off and then proceed to cut and eat my steak. If one piece of fat gets in my mouth, my gag reflex kicks in. :eek:

Otherwise, I'm not picky. If I'm out to eat and the ribs look good, I'll get ribs. If I'm craving chicken, I'll get chicken (bones or no bones). Most times I opt for the healthy meal of fish, side of veggies, and salad. Certain restaurants, you've just got to have their steak!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I hate eating anything that is overfilled to the point where it can't be eaten without making a big mess.

The sandwich shops around here insist on giving 8" high piles of stuff on small rolls. Or burgers that are so huge it's impossible to bite into without looking like an animal.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
My wife will eat most things out and about buuuuut - she cuts everything up with a knife and fork which includes ribs, chicken wings, burritos, and if she gets a large cheeseburger she will cut it into fours before eating it. The only thing missing is putting her pinky up in the air while she eats - lol.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I make it easy... And friends tease me incessantly about it. Mexican restaurant= chimichanga. American restaurant/pub= chicken strips and fries. I'm real adventurous..... :/
Ha that sounds like me. I'll order chicken strips and fries but I'll usually brave the mexican food and order a burrito. :)

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I have real thing about fat and/or gristle with meat. So if I'm out to dinner it's fish or chicken or something I can *see*
Never lamb and never anything casserole-like
Posted via Mobile Device
what no mutton lol

I dont like things that look back at me when i am eating them like anchovies or snells or anything that just sounds yuck menudo, tripe etc

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought of another. Won't eat Indian food if I go out. My SO's mother is Indian and I will only eat her food. I don't know if it's loyalty or what... but I won't do it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I am a human food processor. I eat anything... and in fact relish new and novel things - new flavors and cuisines. I love all of it. I am, in fact - an insufferable foodie. I love to cook in my free time - and I find myself quietly humming while I do it. I love japanese and french and cajun, thai and brazillian and itallian, polish and carribean and mexican. OK, british food is kind of awful... :rolleyes: ...

Thank god I have the metabolism of a chimpunk jacked up on crack.

BUT. There is one thing I do not like. Just one....and its a biggie - since it is sort of all the rage the past 5-7 years of so. It plagues menus and is carelessly put on everything - even where it doesnt belong.

goat cheese *shudder*. Get that stuff away from me.

Blue cheese, roquefort, camembert, havarti, swiss, romano, double gloucester, brie, hundreds of cheeses out there.. and I love them all. Goat cheese? Yeeeech!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I thought this thread was something different. Alot of people down south here like to eat raccoons and opossums. I wouldnt eat an opossum unless I fed the filthy thing myself for a month or so, then, I doubt it. Like eating a buzzard. Dont think I could eat worms or spiders. I guess if I havent had anything to eat in a few days, just dont know.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I thought this thread was something different. Alot of people down south here like to eat raccoons and opossums. I wouldnt eat an opossum unless I fed the filthy thing myself for a month or so, then, I doubt it. Like eating a buzzard. Dont think I could eat worms or spiders. I guess if I havent had anything to eat in a few days, just dont know.
Armadillo may be off the menu too.

Armadillos linked to leprosy in humans - CNN.com

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Mexican food, shellfish, roadkill, Asian famine cooking, pork, anything really gloppy, sea slug, blood, worms, cat, dog, "other".

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I don't ever not order something because it's messy - tho I don't care for ribs and would prefer a chicken breast over anything with a bone in it. I don't like spicy hot stuff - I don't see how eating something that makes your eyes water can taste good!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.