Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does the fog take to lift? Anyone? My H is in a PA and has been since sept, maybe earlier. I know everyone is different, I'm not even sure if I want him back but I want him o at least discuss things with me and if hs fog has lifted, see if there is an possibility of R.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The fog cannot begin to lift unless he has completely broken off his affair: absolutely no contact with AP...and then it may take awhile after that.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Maybe a few weeks after no contact. Which is why ending contact is so important. Make it difficult. Expose him. Expose her. Kick him out. Make it hard to live in fantasyland.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It has been a month here since I kicked him out, but he hasn't appeared to change his behavior ir even recognize he's in the wrong. I am trying to determine for myself, how long I want to wait in limbo.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Although I admire people who manage to hang on to their marriages, I am of the opinion that "once a betrayer, always a betrayer". It is so much easier the second or third time. Easier to justify, easier to hide it...

If someone betrays another, out they go. If for no other reason than a few months of separation so both sides can evaluate and decide whether or not to make a go of it again. And that is so much harder to do when the betrayer is still around.

Chopsy, as far as the fog is concerned, so long as it is there I suggest doing nothing. Wait until you have your mind clear and can firmly determine what is best for you and you alone. The betrayers feelings are meaningless at this point and for the indefinite future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.