Talk About Marriage banner

101 - 120 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,146 Posts
nope. why would i? the whole incident lasted about eight and half hours. why would i need a death certificate for a doctor to make a mistake and declare me dead?

i get what you are saying, but are you understanding what i am saying? i am saying that medical professionals got it wrong and declared me dead and started prepping me for organ donation. they were wrong, i was not dead. it just looked like i was to them due to a few coincidences.

that **** happens sometimes. if we can get it that wrong today, i dont see any reason why we couldnt have gotten it wrong 2 thousand years ago...

If you are declared dead, you have a signed death certificate with an assumed cause of death. Otherwise, there is a temporary cessation of your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
24,146 Posts
I have to assume the flat earthers believe that no one ever goes near the "edge", since anyone who did would rapidly discover a number of issues, including the lack of an ice wall, and that the sun just goes round and round in a circle -in opposite directions as seen from each pole.

Not sure why the flat earth has to rotate anyway the star dome could just rotate above it.

The real problem is that you have to change such a vast number of things that its difficult to know what doesn't change. If you spend your life in a single small town, don't believe anything anyone else observes, and don't make any sort of observing instruments yourself you might....no lunar eclipses fail (or maybe you assume its not the earths shadow but a big dragon that eats...

Still you can play an amusing game trying to pin down someone when they are allowed to change everything that they have not personally observed.

If what you assume what FEers think, it assumes we live in a globe, like a Christmas snow globe.

I guess that shoots a hole in the boundless universe.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My only input:

Why are educated and obviously intellectual persons giving this subject the time of day, much less debate.

I give this ilk the same respect I give holocaust deniers, none.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
If you are declared dead, you have a signed death certificate with an assumed cause of death. Otherwise, there is a temporary cessation of your heart.

wait a second... are you arguing semantics?

medical professionals can declare someone dead. they do so when they perceive the person as being dead. the second they say someone is dead, they are treated as if they are dead. they dont wait for a signed death certificate before they start treating them as if they are dead.

sometimes, they perceive someone as being dead when they aren't, for some reason or another. that is what i experienced.

·
Registered
17,184 Posts
My only input:

Why are educated and obviously intellectual persons giving this subject the time of day, much less debate.

The bolded is a lot different IMO.

The FE stuff is fascinating to me because it is just a different set of beliefs about physical reality. It doesn't get into denying the brutality and sadistic acts of cruelty and disrespect those who died. FE is fairly benign in my opinion whereas holocaust deniers (and those who feel the victims deserved the brutality) are not benign. They make me cringe.

·
Premium Member
24,146 Posts
wait a second... are you arguing semantics?

medical professionals can declare someone dead. they do so when they perceive the person as being dead. the second they say someone is dead, they are treated as if they are dead. they dont wait for a signed death certificate before they start treating them as if they are dead.

sometimes, they perceive someone as being dead when they aren't, for some reason or another. that is what i experienced.

Perceived death is not dead.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
The bolded is a lot different IMO.

The FE stuff is fascinating to me because it is just a different set of beliefs about physical reality. It doesn't get into denying the brutality and sadistic acts of cruelty and disrespect those who died. FE is fairly benign in my opinion whereas holocaust deniers (and those who feel the victims deserved the brutality) are not benign. They make me cringe.
Considering that my maternal grandmother and her descendants are the only remnants of that side of my family... because the rest died in the holocaust in poland...

I agree.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Perceived death is not dead.

Of course not. I'm saying that you don't have to actually be dead for a medical professional to declare you dead. And you are telling me that percieved death is not death. Well, ok then I guess...

I'm going to stop going round with you now because it's pointless. I could be wrong, but you seem incapable of understanding what I am saying.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hahaha! I saw that a while back.

Screwier than a 9 dollar bill but at least he is having fun and accomplishing some private sector rocket flights.:grin2:
I'm not sure "flight" is in his accomplishment list yet. Excuses sure are though.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm going to stop going round with you now because it's pointless.
If the earth was flat would you be going 'round' with him or just back and forth?>:)

·
Premium Member
24,146 Posts
Of course not. I'm saying that you don't have to actually be dead for a medical professional to declare you dead. And you are telling me that percieved death is not death. Well, ok then I guess...

I'm going to stop going round with you now because it's pointless. I could be wrong, but you seem incapable of understanding what I am saying.

So normally they declare death not by electronic monitoring but done manually. Faint heart beats can sometimes not be picked up by monitors. A doctor records the approximate time (date and cause of death is far more important) - you are dead when your heart completely stops for a period of time beyond resuscitation.

I believe that you were perceived to have been dead, this happens. But, yes semantics matter in this instance.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
So normally they declare death not by electronic monitoring but done manually. Faint heart beats can sometimes not be picked up by monitors. A doctor records the approximate time (date and cause of death is far more important) - you are dead when your heart completely stops for a period of time beyond resuscitation.

I believe that you were perceived to have been dead, this happens. But, yes semantics matter in this instance.

they didnt just make their decision willy nilly. none of their tests indicated that i was still alive. after a few hours of restarting my heart, my body temp dropping dramatically, and my eyes not dilating in response to light, they decided that i was dead.

sometimes, they are just wrong, even when they are doing everything right. **** happens.

·
Premium Member
24,146 Posts
they didnt just make their decision willy nilly. none of their tests indicated that i was still alive. after a few hours of restarting my heart, my body temp dropping dramatically, and my eyes not dilating in response to light, they decided that i was dead.

sometimes, they are just wrong, even when they are doing everything right. **** happens.

Ok

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Ok

my point is, if we can get it wrong every once in a while today, with our modern technology and medical practices, how much more so is it likely to get it wrong 2000 years ago?

people probably "rose from the dead" from time to time back then because nobody was able to tell that they were still alive.

·
Premium Member
24,146 Posts
my point is, if we can get it wrong every once in a while today, with our modern technology and medical practices, how much more so is it likely to get it wrong 2000 years ago?

people probably "rose from the dead" from time to time back then because nobody was able to tell that they were still alive.

This I can believe, in the same way previously thought demonic possession was simply undiagnosed mental illness.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
My only input:

I don’t think I’ve seen a more ridiculous false equivalence rolled into Goodwin’s law this early in a threads ever.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
This I can believe, in the same way previously thought demonic possession was simply undiagnosed mental illness.

or epilepsy...

·
Registered
17,184 Posts
You should read up a little bit about their explanations for things like this. It is fascinating what people can believe and come up with. They do have a "reason" for all of these questions.
He doesn’t want to. I wonder if he is scared to go down the rabbit hole.
I’m fairly certain Uhtred would not lose his way if he did read up on it.

101 - 120 of 202 Posts