Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm 100% natural and always will be.

But this discussion is flawed because for many, the question is down to fake vs real. Conceptually, most people will strongly favor real over fake. Except for the cases where "procedures" are far overdone - whatever they may be - breasts, lips, facelifts, etc, I think many people WILL find fake more attractive than real when put side by side. Again, I'm 100% natural and have no desire for any "work". I'm not arguing for "work", just saying that you're never going to have a proper discussion if it's down to fake vs real and "fish face" labels are leading the witness too.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I think that when certain looks are in, and you don’t have that look it can make you self conscious. Remember when the blonde hair huge boobs Pamela anderson look was in? All these women went and got huge breast implants. Now smaller boobs are in and bigger butts, so many women downsized their implants.
Right now I think big eyebrows and lips are In, and still butts. Personally I hate my eyes, they are hooded and I have little eyes brows. So yes I am going to be getting micro bladiding in a few months. Hopefully I won’t regret it.

Oh and I’ve been getting Botox in my forehead for over a year. I had terrible deep wrinkles there even at the age Of 20.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think that when certain looks are in, and you don’t have that look it can make you self conscious. Remember when the blonde hair huge boobs Pamela anderson look was in? All these women went and got huge breast implants. Now smaller boobs are in and bigger butts, so many women downsized their implants.
Right now I think big eyebrows and lips are In, and still butts. Personally I hate my eyes, they are hooded and I have little eyes brows. So yes I am going to be getting micro blading in a few months. Hopefully I won’t regret it.

Oh and I’ve been getting Botox in my forehead for over a year. I had terrible deep wrinkles there even at the age Of 20.
hmmm, something I haven't heard of before.

I started typing ''microblading'' into the youtube search function and the third result was ''microblading eyebrows gone wrong"

I hope it has the results you want.

(had to look through phone for picture of wife's eyebrows, couldn't honestly describe them otherwise, never noticed, lol)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
hmmm, something I haven't heard of before.

I started typing ''microblading'' into the youtube search function and the third result was ''microblading eyebrows gone wrong"

I hope it has the results you want.

(had to look through phone for picture of wife's eyebrows, couldn't honestly describe them otherwise, never noticed, lol)

It’s good for people who don’t have thick eyebrows or they are really patchy.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
thin skinny lips on a woman are not as attractive full lips
I'll have to disagree with you on this. I think thin lips look better, but what do I know I like small boobs as well. I guess I'm just a freak of nature.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've never had plastic surgery and don't plan to, but I have tried various injectibles. I started using them about 7 years ago when I noticed that my face was beginning to look haggard, which is not uncommon for small, thin women as we age. To paraphrase Zsa Zsa Gabor, when you get older it's either your face or your fanny. I think that's very true, as I've definitely noticed that aging women who are heavier tend to have fuller faces with less wrinkles. Since I didn't think the answer was to gain weight, I decided to try fillers and I've been happy with the results, minus a few disappointments like Sculptra and Ultherapy.
The past few years, I've been getting intensive radio frequency laser treatments that build up collagen naturally so I haven't had to get fillers that often, other than dysport or botox in my forehead and around my eyes. I did try a small amount of lip filler once and liked the results, but it's not a priority for me to have full lips. I didn't feel any diffierence in how my lips felt, kissing or otherwise.
Bottom line for me is to look natural, but more vibrant. I don't mind being 61, I just don't want to look tired and worn down, even if I do feel that way sometimes. :)
As these kinds of enhancements have become more popular I think the stigma is fading. I've never understood why it's cool to have a tattoo which is a much more noticeable change to physical appearance, but it's considered vain to use botox or fillers.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Personally I think most people like “cosmetic work” as long as it doesn’t look fake. People automatically jump to the worst fakest looking person and then hate on cosmetic surgery. But many people that look great have it and no one would know.

Kylie is an example of great cosmetic surgery. If you look at her big lips they don’t look fake, they look like they fit her face. It’s not until you see her before surgery that you realize how much work she has gotten. And frankly I think she looks way better after surgery.

And here’s a pic of Kylie with no makeup on (except her fake lashes) she has gotten so much work done and I think she is gorgeous. And I love her lips.
i'll pass on all three versions

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Not only do botox lips creep me out, so do Sharpie eyebrows. Sharpie eyebrows are the worst.
So I haven’t heard the term sharpie eyebrows before, but I’m assuming you mean ones where women use a dark eyebrow pencil on them and make them appear even thicker than they really are with that sharp edge on the insides?

I’m not crazy about that look either, but I also didn’t like the look of eyebrows in the 90’s which were waxed or plucked down to just a tiny line.

I actually think most women’s eyebrows are fine with just a bit of plucking if there are strays or a bit of pencil if they are so light you can barely see them.

Although some natural blondes and redheads have golden brows that might be barely there but on them it looks right.

I do wish men would do a little brow maintenance if they have those crazy one inch long ones or a unibrow.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
This ol southern gentleman prefers natural. I despise the “mamorex” look. ( people my age remember is it live or is it Memorex a pun)
Do not mess with Mother Nature.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts