Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A discussion was somehow started in my office today. It is an open office with up to 12 people 5 of of whom are men. The topic was women with lips that look like fish lips due to botox. All the men in the office were emphatic that they would not date any woman who looked like that. A few women condemned it too. There was only the youngest person in the office 23, who said she actually wanted to have those lips but could not afford it yet.

It reminded me of tattoos and how some people like them and others would not go near them.

Are there any men here who find puffed up lips on women interesting enough to either want to date her or at least to not mind them? Are there some who do find them off-putting? Why?

·
Super Moderator
11,713 Posts
I don't like them at all.

They never look...right. Just...off.

I would much rather see a woman invest in her fitness than to resort to cosmetic procedures.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
890 Posts
A discussion was somehow started in my office today. It is an open office with up to 12 people 5 of of whom are men. The topic was women with lips that look like fish lips due to botox. All the men in the office were emphatic that they would not date any woman who looked like that. A few women condemned it too. There was only the youngest person in the office 23, who said she actually wanted to have those lips but could not afford it yet.

It reminded me of tattoos and how some people like them and others would not go near them.

Are there any men here who find puffed up lips on women interesting enough to either want to date her or at least to not mind them? Are there some who do find them off-putting? Why?
Umm, where is this? 'Cause Botox is RARE where I am at. A 23 y.o. girl wanting it for her lips is a Kardashian Fail.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Where I am Botox and fillers are common.

It looks creepy when someone talks but the face doesn’t move or show expression.

I find it very unattractive. Fake boobs are common here as well.

·
Registered
17,184 Posts
I don’t see people with that type of filler where I live. I’ve only seen it in pics of people in Hollywood or maybe Vegas. So it doesn’t seem to be anything people think about here at all. Never met anyone who had lips like that. Natural big lips though, sure. Men and women both love big soft lips.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Where I live botox and fillers are very common. I can't say I am totally against it, as I have dated those that have done it. Facial cosmetic enhancement has changed a lot. I don't think anyone gets facelifts anymore, and I guess thats a good thing because they looked awful on most people. With that said if someone is using so much botox and filler that you can tell, then thats a bad a thing. The problem is the people that over do it are telling each other how awesome they look, and the rest of us see them and are like. Yikes!

·
Super Moderator
5,243 Posts
Where I live the fillers and Botox are pretty common. The key is to making it looking as natural as possible.

The goal of a good cosmetic surgeon should be to make their patient look the best within the confines of their facial and body structure. It shouldn't be too turn their patient into someone else. That's when you get duck lips (too much fillers).

For reference, I get regular Botox on my forehead and crows feet and have had the filler in my lips (I won't do that again but it wasn't because of the way it looked). No one would know unless I told them. Everything looks natural but better.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Just like the grey hair l like, natural beauty to me is accepting the genuine article as the package comes. I sure as hell ain't an Adonis greek god, but l am well put together, and if my spouse asked me to get l would tell her l don't like it and don't need it but if she did get and it came out bad, I guess it would be another hurdle in the relationship.

·
Registered
585 Posts
thin skinny lips on a woman are not as attractive full lips

however a woman with slim, narrow, skinny lips can still look very attractive

pumped up botox lips that are over the top look horrendous
the old saying less is more. to do just enough to make the difference barely
noticeable I think would ok.

though a woman that wanted improve her appearance she would get much
better results from diet, exercise, getting toned, weight, hair, wardrobe then
blowing up her lips.

same with breasts. removing the sag, making them fuller, a touch up, a tune up
to A, B, & C cups is much better than going for 1 or 2 cup sizes larger.

·
Registered
17,184 Posts
thin skinny lips on a woman are not as attractive full lips

however a woman with slim, narrow, skinny lips can still look very attractive

pumped up botox lips that are over the top look horrendous
the old saying less is more. to do just enough to make the difference barely
noticeable I think would ok.

though a woman that wanted improve her appearance she would get much
better results from diet, exercise, getting toned, weight, hair, wardrobe then
blowing up her lips.

same with breasts. removing the sag, making them fuller, a touch up, a tune up
to A, B, & C cups is much better than going for 1 or 2 cup sizes larger.
Thin skinny lips on men aren’t as attractive as puffy full lips, either. I don’t know if men do the lip fillers, but honestly if there was a safe way to fatten up thin lips I would recommend it for some guys. Who doesn’t love to kiss soft butter puffy lips?? Yum.

Natural ones are the best of course.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Personally I think most people like “cosmetic work” as long as it doesn’t look fake. People automatically jump to the worst fakest looking person and then hate on cosmetic surgery. But many people that look great have it and no one would know.

Kylie is an example of great cosmetic surgery. If you look at her big lips they don’t look fake, they look like they fit her face. It’s not until you see her before surgery that you realize how much work she has gotten. And frankly I think she looks way better after surgery.

And here’s a pic of Kylie with no makeup on (except her fake lashes) she has gotten so much work done and I think she is gorgeous. And I love her lips.

·
Registered
17,184 Posts
Does anyone here know the answer to this question, I’ve always been curious...

If you have lip fillers do you feel it inside your lips? Like does it feel like there is something in there? If you kiss someone would they feel it?

·
Super Moderator
5,243 Posts
Does anyone here know the answer to this question, I’ve always been curious...

If you have lip fillers do you feel it inside your lips? Like does it feel like there is something in there? If you kiss someone would they feel it?
Yes. That's one reason why I will never get it done again. The other is that it hurts to get injected and it hurts when kissing.

I have a deeper eye trough dip on one eye bigger than the other. I get a little filler put in it to even it out with the other eye. Because it's so little, I always have at least 2/3 a syringe left. The Dr convinced me to use the leftovers to fill my lips. Never again.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
With these ideas, is it our idea of beauty that is deviated or is it our sense of confidence that is being pushed lower and lower each time?

What is at issue here on a personal level, assuming we do not do these things for our men, but for ourselves.
Men seem to prefer the natural look so it is not them we want to attract.
Is there an explanation that makes logical sense or is it all emotional?

Personally, I do not use any form of make up. I tried it once or twice and found I felt too self conscious so I stopped. I am not sure if my confidence is at the correct level or not. Not tried the lip treatment yet. Most of my friends do visit beauticians regularly and see it as a good time.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
With these ideas, is it our idea of beauty that is deviated or is it our sense of confidence that is being pushed lower and lower each time?

What is at issue here on a personal level, assuming we do not do these things for our men, but for ourselves.
Men seem to prefer the natural look so it is not them we want to attract.
Is there an explanation that makes logical sense or is it all emotional?

Personally, I do not use any form of make up. I tried it once or twice and found I felt too self conscious so I stopped. I am not sure if my confidence is at the correct level or not. Not tried the lip treatment yet. Most of my friends do visit beauticians regularly and see it as a good time.
To the bolded; it's one of those things some men say but in my experience isn't exactly true. I think it's variable-Some men like "natural," like the pic girl_power posted with no make-up (still with lashes and fillers but subtle enough and pretty enough) Some men like "natural," but when they look at a face full of makeup, it doesn't register because of the aesthetics. Some men really do not prefer natural - but they know that prefering made-up faces is kinda superficial to the wrong woman...etc. Just saying - do what feels comfortable to you.

I think aesthetics and beauty trends are constantly changing and as technology expands, so do our options in fulfilling those trends. I love these videos:
that go through how beauty/makeup has changed. Injections are just this decades glue on unibrows...lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts