Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some back round. We were highschool loves... About a year after HS I broke up with him. He was the bad boy, and I was tired of it even though I still loved him. I moved on, had a son, but no matter whom I've been with I've always thought about him, and have never felt for anyone the way I felt for him. We are facebook friends, nothing more. Now 13 yrs later, I get a fb message from him, asking why i don't have more pics of myself up! My heart dropped to my stomach, I respond, he makes a comment that he see's I am single now, and was asking if I ever see my ex and I getting back together.
So we exchange #'s, on Thursday. Friday he invited me over to his house. I felt 17 again, my heart was racing, I couldn't stop smiling. The moment we saw each other, there was a big long hug, and this over welming feeling of comfort. Anyways, we hang out talk about the past, laugh smile, had a couple of beers, and I couldn't hold back, I went in for the kiss. He didn't oppose to it. We watched a movie and cuddled on the couch. To me it was heaven.
Next morning I wake up, realizing, i came on way to strong!! I txt him and apologize, he did say "little bit lol" and that i still worry to much and I need to chill. So that made me feel slightly better. We txt all day long yesterday. So here's where I'm at, I don't want to mess this up again!! Its almost 3pm Sunday afternoon, I haven't heard from him. Should i wait for him to get a hold of me? Should I txt him today or wait a day or 2? Any advice what so ever is very much wanted!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, your both right!! I think i just needed reassurance. Somtimes girls have moments, where they think wayyy to much, I am obviously one of them. And the fact I've been with the same man for 11 yrs, now I'm suddenly single at 32. I haven't dated since I was 16!! And i know guys like the "chase". For some reason I think if i don't txt, he will think I'm not interested, so I start to freak, and want to txt. Gawd I feel like I'm in H.S!

·
Registered
299 Posts
a guy doesn't invite an ex over to cuddle, just sayin'

he's using the slow play to make you go even crazier.

you're good

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its probably better not to seem too needy and desperate to talk to him/see him. Patience is a virtue after all :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys! I'm noticing too, he is quite a busy man! I did end up txting him last night around 8pm, we talked till 3am when i fell asleep. I will now wait for him to contact me next :) as hard as it may be, your right patience is a verture.

·
Registered
360 Posts
He hunted you down,he facebooked you then mostlikely asked for your number so it sounds like he has done a lot to make this happen.I would call him and say when can we get together again,set a date then you are all set and he knows you are into him for sure.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
He hunted you down,he facebooked you then mostlikely asked for your number so it sounds like he has done a lot to make this happen. I would call him and say when can we get together again,set a date then you are all set and he knows you are into him for sure.
I would NOT take this advice. He already knows she's "into" him.

Let HIM call you. Let HIM ask you out. If he does neither, move on and leave him alone.

·
Registered
360 Posts
This is not yester year people [women]go for what they want,you can go ahead and sit back and he might be gone.Don't play foolish games.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Yesteryear, ice age, modern society............it does not matter. It does not change the fact that men do not like to be chased. They prefer to chase after the woman. :rolleyes: See the replies from men above. They agree! ;)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
So you dumped him because he was a "bad boy" and you were tired of it. 13 years later your crotch is still on fire and after one date you are falling for him hard....

Yeah this doesn't have disaster written all over it. Sorry to pee on your nachos but maybe you should take a step back for a few days.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
So you dumped him because he was a "bad boy" and you were tired of it. 13 years later your crotch is still on fire and after one date you are falling for him hard....

Yeah this doesn't have disaster written all over it. Sorry to pee on your nachos but maybe you should take a step back for a few days.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yeah... so the sexual attraction is there, you are both available, I get it.

Keep your head on, girl. Better yet - make sure and use your head.

Have fun, but remember you are not in hish school anymore. Yes, it will be fun to scorch it up for a bit - but I have seen this sort of thing no work out so well in the end the 2nd or 3rd time around.

Good luck, and dont sweat it. No worries about 'chasing' this one. This guy is onto you like flypaper. No doubt about it. He isnt going anywhere until he gets a 'refresher' of the glory days. ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Here's some back round. We were highschool loves... About a year after HS I broke up with him. He was the bad boy, and I was tired of it even though I still loved him. I moved on, had a son, but no matter whom I've been with I've always thought about him, and have never felt for anyone the way I felt for him. We are facebook friends, nothing more. Now 13 yrs later, I get a fb message from him, asking why i don't have more pics of myself up! My heart dropped to my stomach, I respond, he makes a comment that he see's I am single now, and was asking if I ever see my ex and I getting back together.
So we exchange #'s, on Thursday. Friday he invited me over to his house. I felt 17 again, my heart was racing, I couldn't stop smiling. The moment we saw each other, there was a big long hug, and this over welming feeling of comfort. Anyways, we hang out talk about the past, laugh smile, had a couple of beers, and I couldn't hold back, I went in for the kiss. He didn't oppose to it. We watched a movie and cuddled on the couch. To me it was heaven.
Next morning I wake up, realizing, i came on way to strong!! I txt him and apologize, he did say "little bit lol" and that i still worry to much and I need to chill. So that made me feel slightly better. We txt all day long yesterday. So here's where I'm at, I don't want to mess this up again!! Its almost 3pm Sunday afternoon, I haven't heard from him. Should i wait for him to get a hold of me? Should I txt him today or wait a day or 2? Any advice what so ever is very much wanted!!
I don't understand why going in for a kiss after there is obvious chemistry can be considered coming on way too strong?? :confused:

it's not like you pinned him down and started sucking on his neck or other things.

He contacted you first.You broke up with him originally. He has obviously thought about you all this time to make the effort to find you on fb and contact you.

I wouldn't stress about this.He obviously has no issues coming after you so just do your thing and if he wants to talk again,he'll get in touch.

i hate the game playing though.I wish it wasn't necessary.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
I don't understand why going in for a kiss after there is obvious chemistry can be considered coming on way too strong?? :confused:

it's not like you pinned him down and started sucking on his neck or other things.

He contacted you first.You broke up with him originally. He has obviously thought about you all this time to make the effort to find you on fb and contact you.

I wouldn't stress about this.He obviously has no issues coming after you so just do your thing and if he wants to talk again,he'll get in touch.

i hate the game playing though.I wish it wasn't necessary.
:iagree: 100%

·
Registered
360 Posts
Being a MAN I know I don't like stupid games and why sit at home waiting for somebody to call when that person could call and you could be speding that time together.

Life is just way too short to sit around thinking about what rules you should follow when you want to sppend time with somebody.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am wishing you luck with this one. You just becareful because this ant high school no more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.