Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the texts and calls on my wife's cell phone. All I have is a number, I don't have a name. I would like to out this guy,(he is a coworker) to his family, coworkers, etc. but I need a name. I tried some of the websites that do reverse number lookups, but just wasted money on them, because it seems to be a prepaid phone. Does anyone have any idea of any other options that I could use to trace that number?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Send a text, hey its me (whatever your wifes name is), call me, then have your daughter or cousin or sister say "who am i speaking to, who do you want to speak to?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
5,485 Posts
Send a text, hey its me (whatever your wifes name is), call me, then have your daughter or cousin or sister say "who am i speaking to, who do you want to speak to?
Posted via Mobile Device
exactly. Tell him you're your wife and you're waiting in room 69 at the Climax Motel and you want to meet him there. When he shows up you can lift his wallet while he's lying on the ground and check his ID.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Slow down a minute, don't tip your hand yet. There's more to the story obviously. Fill us in more, and we can give you a better plan. Who knows what? When? How far? Don't do anything to make the situation worse (ahem, violence).

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
If its a prepaid phone, tracing it to a person is very unlikely, probably beyond the means of anyone outside of law enforcement. Probably nearly impossible even then.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Which is why he needs to work a sting using the WW's phone.
Yes, but he can't be stupid about it, or he'll give himself away. They will have a communication style all their own. I thought of spoofing a message to my wife or the OM, but didn't have enough of a sample of the styles to do it effectively. Plus on certain modes it turns out they had code words, but I hadn't had access to that, and thus would have failed right of the bat.

He needs to give us more to work with.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Which is why he needs to work a sting using the WW's phone.
I think he need´s to start give us more info.Before doing what your suggesting..The idea in it self it´s not bad..

But we don't know yet what we are dealing with yet

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Spyware on the phone. A 3 month purchase is not expensive. Then you get copies of ALL texts, call logs, websites etc. It may give a name soon enough. Let me know if you do this. There are certain things you need to be aware of otherwise it becomes obvious that something has happened to the phone.

Reactions: moxy

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Hire a detective. That's what they are for.

Or just go to her work, and call that number and see whose phone rings (not good in a call center)

I bet giving an expensive necklace to the recptionist will get you the information lickity split.

Wait for her to call in saying she's going to be late and then go watch the place of business around closing time. Either she's frolicking inside and will come out with him when they are done or they are going on a date and you'll at least get a car and description.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The problem isn't this other guy. This problem is your wife. Photograph the texts. Keep the phone. You HAVE evidence.

Confront her. Make her tell you. She doesn't tell you? You're filing for divorce. Your lawyer would like to depose HR and members of her office in re the affair. I promise it's not a secret to her workplace. She will move heaven and earth for this NOT to happen. You'll find out.

He could be anyone though. She's enemy #1. He's just an accomplice.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
His wife is the priority of course but he does need to know who the guy is. The OM is his enemy. It is not an either or. They are both culpable. But none-the-less this needs to be blown up at the work. So he needs to know.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Why is everyone assuming it is someone she works with? Though that is the most likely possibility the odds are against it. I don't remeber workplaxe affairs as being more than half of of all possibilities. Neighbors and friends are high on the list too.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
If she is calling the number he needs to put a VAR in her car and one in the house where she is calling. If he is seeing this on her phone she should be easy to catch.

·
Banned
9,914 Posts
The problem isn't this other guy. This problem is your wife. Photograph the texts. Keep the phone. You HAVE evidence.

Confront her. Make her tell you. She doesn't tell you? You're filing for divorce. Your lawyer would like to depose HR and members of her office in re the affair. I promise it's not a secret to her workplace. She will move heaven and earth for this NOT to happen. You'll find out.

He could be anyone though. She's enemy #1. He's just an accomplice.
The OM is a problem, like cancerous cells in you are a problem.

You treat cancer by finding it and cutting it out.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Why is everyone assuming it is someone she works with? Though that is the most likely possibility the odds are against it. I don't remeber workplaxe affairs as being more than half of of all possibilities. Neighbors and friends are high on the list too.
The OP said that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Go to a payphone (do they even still have those anymore?) and call the number. Maybe it'll go to voicemail and maybe there's a greeting with his name?
Or if he answers, act like it's a possible misdial and you expected someone else to answer.

I like the idea of using the WW's phone, but if you plan a meet up, you could just get yourself into some trouble if you do that.

Have you talked to your wife at all? Or did you just find these, and your first instinct is to go after OM first? If that's the case, you need to start with confronting the wife - not by jumping the gun straight to OM. She's the one that is betraying you...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Spyware on the phone. A 3 month purchase is not expensive. Then you get copies of ALL texts, call logs, websites etc. It may give a name soon enough. Let me know if you do this. There are certain things you need to be aware of otherwise it becomes obvious that something has happened to the phone.
This is a felony. I do not recommend this.

Unless your name is on the phone alone, you may not be able to put this type of software on it. Talk to a lawyer prior to doing this. You need consent from her to record her phone calls.

There are other ways. Spy shops have a USB stick that you plug the phone into and it will download all of the information, even texts that have been deleted. As long as you have the password. I am not sure if they work or not, but this is much more legal than putting spyware on her phone. GPS monitor is also another option, but I hear they are not so reliable.

Private Eye is the best way to go. She will suspect nothing. It will cost a lot, but they are usually available at a moments notice to go where you want them to. They are expensive, but they are legal and get results. Shoot, they may even have a cell phone USB stick you can borrow.

And when you use your credit card to purchase that subscription, that's evidence.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts