Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if anyone else has this problem. It seems that every time we have plans to go out with another couple, we get blacklisted. I mean, my husband and I think the evening went great and then when we try to call to get together again, we get nothing. Just recently we went out with a couple that we have known for a long time. It was their idea to go out. Now my friend (the wife) wont email me, call me back and my husband gets the same from her husband. I dont understand if we are just annoying or what? Does anyone else have trouble making friends with other couples. I hope that we are not the only ones!! I feel like I have the plague! We just moved back to our home town and it seems impossible to find friends that we get along with. Any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I was really looking for a resoponse to this REAL problem in our marriage. It may sound stupid to you because its not a problem between us, but it is causing a problem for us. Whatever, thanks for no advice!!!!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
hey hon, just an idea.....you may probably want to wait more than an hour and 14 minutes before giving up on us. We all sign on at different times during the day so we may not be able to get right back to you.

But as far as your REAL problem, I have no advice. The hubby and I are in the same boat. We are really outgoing people who love being social but it seems like we cant find anyone else to be friends with. So, I will keep my eye out on this thread to see if anyone replies.

good luck to you and the hubby.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Okay I was really looking for a resoponse to this REAL problem in our marriage. It may sound stupid to you because its not a problem between us, but it is causing a problem for us. Whatever, thanks for no advice!!!!

I think your lack of understanding the forums gives you an idea of what is wrong with the couples dating. Not only does the site have sticky tabs on the rules of the forums but also has a posting thesis

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/social-spot/339-posting-thesis.html

Today ~ Everyone is so use to getting what they want whenever they want it. Doing stuff on demand works for much of the real world but it isn’t as easy on forums. Like you everyone else has a life, work, kids, school a job a relationship etc. Most posters average once a week posting or checking posts. Some posters are supercharged and hit a forum once a day. But they do it when they have the time to do it. Remember these people are doing you a favor by giving you advice and incite. They take time out of their day to do this. A few like me do it as a hobby, some because once they needed help and now they are giving back. What ever the reason they are willing to help doesn’t matter the fact is they will but it will often take time to work through the problems and get many different people to respond.

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/forum-...hesis-read-understand-replies-your-posts.html

draconis

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Many couples are just too busy to go out on a regular basis, especially once they have kids. It might be easier to create your socializing based on common interests, for example join a bowling league if you both like to bowl, or co-ed softball team, etc. That way the people you are out with have already decided to spend their time in this way. Just a thought.

The not returning calls afterward sounds a bit odd though. Not sure what that's about.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Hi!

I'll be watching your post with interest. You're problem seems to be more common now than years ago. I think people are just too busy with their own lives these days. However, that's one of my husband's complaints with "our" life. Yep, that gets brought up at counseling too--like it's my fault. Our problem is that we have very different interest and hobbies. So, my spouse tends to find my married friends boring and I guess the same goes for how I feel about his married friends. Although it's not a big issue for me, I'm looking forward to seeing some ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.