Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn’t respect your feelings or needs. “Busy” is another word for "uninterested". Life is too short to fall into wasted time.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Is there a purpose to your rant or do you have a question/issue you'd like to discuss because my asshole "needs" include having purpose and this post has none.
It looks like his fingers didn't keep up with his change in train of thought. It, also, looks like a comment on Sue's thread. My take is he is not putting down a woman's needs. And, he's calling the guy an asshole. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a purpose to your rant or do you have a question/issue you'd like to discuss because my asshole "needs" include having purpose and this post has none.
Good morning hope all is well. I never said I had a question. It's an observation about how some relationships are lopsided. And how people are wasting 5, 10, 15 even 20 years on trying to bring a relationship to where it was at peak happiness. I think it's not cool if she or he is making their partner/spouse jump through hoop or walk on eggshells for nothing or something that is dead. I was just trying to say we all have needs and if our significant other can't meet them....maybe it's not the right relationship. I was trying to say, fix and learn your relationship issues early so you're not looking back with regret.

Try to read it witbout being negative, I wish you well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Asshole was a typo I apologize for that

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
Good morning hope all is well. I never said I had a question. It's an observation about how some relationships are lopsided. And how people are wasting 5, 10, 15 even 20 years on trying to bring a relationship to where it was at peak happiness. I think it's not cool if she or he is making their partner/spouse jump through hoop or walk on eggshells for nothing or something that is dead. I was just trying to say we all have needs and if our significant other can't meet them....maybe it's not the right relationship. I was trying to say, fix and learn your relationship issues early so you're not looking back with regret.

Try to read it witbout being negative, I wish you well
I read english pretty good. No negativity here.

Since you've made it clear this is not gender specific, I'm moving your topic to general. Titling your thread "Figure it Out..." and posting it to the ladies lounge honestly comes off as 'mansplaining'.

Wish you well as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn’t respect your feelings or needs. “Busy” is another word for "uninterested". Life is too short to fall into wasted time.
isn't this the same premise as that book "He's Just Not That Into You"? remember that?

The guy came to the conclusion that if a man doesn't call a woman back, treats her like dirt, or dismisses her, he must just not like her very much! And people though that was an earth-shattering discovery.!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts