Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Just had a first proper sparring. I write 'proper', but my opponent was going easy on me and I emerged with a bloody nose and swollen lip. Still, great fun though - especially after a rough day at work.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just had a first proper sparring. I write 'proper', but my opponent was going easy on me and I emerged with a bloody nose and swollen lip. Still, great fun though - especially after a rough day at work.
Great stuff - just keep working on footwork and upper body flexibility - soon he won't be able to lay a glove on you :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Great stuff - just keep working on footwork and upper body flexibility - soon he won't be able to lay a glove on you :)

Haha! I like the optimism. My footwork stank, but has improved.

I was in class on Monday and one of the experienced lads mentioned I had improved and was to look to eventually have a proper bout. I said yes, but age and time might be against me. He said not to worry, that people starting as old as their mid-30's could get in the ring. A nice sentiment, but I am actually 39 (I have just not lived in the California sunshine).

·
Registered
152 Posts
McGregor lost his title? Didn't he go two weight categories up and fought Diaz there? (from featherweight to welterweight)
I was so happy that he lost, he was so quiet after the fight :D Awesome fight!
I'm bummed about Holly though. I guess Cupcake is ok, it's all good as long as Rousey doesn't have the belt lol
I didn't see where anyone answered you - but yes McGregor still has his original title in the lower weight class.
I saw last night there will be a rematch with Diaz coming up.

UFC is hard to keep up with.... people in people out with injuries or disappear due to drug tests etc.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
It is a good time for British heavy weights. Tyson Fury emerging as top dog has surprised most, as he had the size and talent, but his attitude seems to stink. Anthony Joshua was more the golden boy and now he has the IBF belt, we are looking to a great reunification bout in a couple of years. It is certainly being played up in the UK as a goodie, wholesome Brit against the baddie one.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
And I am being arranged to have sparring with someone of a similar level. Which is to say rubbish. And there are two others who are suitable poor and one who might be excessively poor. I am looking forward to this very much.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sound great. What style are you rocking? Always fancied myself as a stick and move guy, working mainly off the jab with a few power shots and counters here and there...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Sound great. What style are you rocking? Always fancied myself as a stick and move guy, working mainly off the jab with a few power shots and counters here and there...

I am still rubbish. I seem to be blessed with a surprisingly strong left hook. I have to the potential to move like a heavyweight should, unfortunately, I am middleweight (180lb).

·
Super Moderator
11,718 Posts
Just keep your feet moving and you will be fine.

Sparring is a blast. I normally do kickboxing, but some of the sponsored MMA fighters I spar with (I am a rookie, they whoop me pretty good normally) also like to work takedowns and BJJ into it, which is more my wheelhouse.

Too much fun.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.