Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sex life with my wife is practically non existent. I feel sorry because my wife experiences pain sometimes due to fibroids she got from her pregnancy. Sometimes, if I do the right foreplay (which I always do anyway), she does not feel pain. But sometimes she does. I would not dare expect her to go through surgery. That would not be fair after all she's been through giving birth. My wife is middle aged. Is it true the fibroids get smaller once you hit your 50s? I don't know how much I can take of a sexless marriage.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
If she's having that much discomfort, I believe there is treatment that she can undergo to alleviate them. It's definitely something she should talk to her OB/GYN about.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
No one who experiences pain should think it's OK. Definitely see an Ob/Gyn. If she requires surgery it isn't just so you can have sex, it's to alleviate the source of a problem... don't feel like you are 'putting her through' that.

There are medications to try that shrink them - everyone is different but consulting an MD is important.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My wife had to have an operation to remove the fibroids. We were thinking about having children, but the fibroids would have been an issue in addition to some cysts she needed to have removed. In addition, sex was extremely painful for her so neither one of us enjoyed sex. Please see your doctor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.