Talk About Marriage banner

901 - 920 of 1202 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #901
Re: Fiancées tattoo.

Lighten up!

I love girls with tattoos, especially Irish girls with an Irish Shamrock inked onto their soft butts. The Shamrock with its three leaves represents the Holy Trinity. I will leave it to TAM's peanut gallery to list those three things on a girl that it highlights.

This is blasphemy and it's Irish Spring for my mouth....again.

"Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón."
Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose.

I wear a crooked nose above a crooked smile....Dearie!
There are only two types of people in the world.
The Irish and those that wish they were Irish.

·
Banned
291 Posts

Okay. I used an ellipsis because I couldn't remember exactly what *you* wrote.

My Tapatalk showed that you called the other poster ignorant before editing your post.
Oh, you mean ignorant as in: "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular. synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about?"

Oh, you mean like belligerently jumping into a 900-post long thread without reading much, if any, of the preceding narrative and making rude and presumptive comments to the OP? (Femsplaining?)

Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts

I am engaged to be married next October,my fiancée is 32 and has a seven year old son from a previous relationship.When we started being exclusive I made a point of saying tattoos were a deal breaker and she laughed and said her fear of needles would rule them out anyway.
So of course you know what's coming.She informed in front of a lot of her friends on Sunday that she is getting a tattoo on her side to support one of her friends who has had a bereavement.I told her we needed to discuss this alone but her friends all butted in and said it's her body and she can do what she wants.I ended up going home on my own(she lives with her parents but stays in my house overnight when we go out).I met her on Monday and she was furious because I showed her up in front of her friends.
I asked her what about our agreement and she said she was supporting her friend.I got really angry and told her if her friends meant more to her than me then there was no point going on.I swear this is the first time I ever lost my temper with her but she is adamant this tattoo is happening,and for me not to be so stupid.I really hate tattoos and there is no way we are getting married if she goes through with it.Am I being unreasonable about this.
How is having a tattoo in anyway going to support her friend?
She knew it was very important to you and she said she wouldn't get one, and now she is. Hmmm. What does that say? I would never get a tattoo if my husband hated them.

·
Registered
283 Posts

How is having a tattoo in anyway going to support her friend?
She knew it was very important to you and she said she wouldn't get one, and now she is. Hmmm. What does that say? I would never get a tattoo if my husband hated them.
You shouldn't have to not do something just because someone else doesn't like it.The more posts I read the less I like about the poster.

·
Registered
283 Posts

I may have taken out of context here.My fiancée is a great mother to her son and if I gave any other impression then I apologise.What I meant was these freeloaders would have to find some other fool to pay for their nights out.My fiancée always gets her son up in the morning even when she stays over,she leaves him to and collects him from school every day.Her mother watches him at night but only if she is with me.With all the arrangements for the wedding we have been out more than usual and it is when she has drunk a lot that these problems arise.
She also runs a business with almost twenty employees part time and full time.
Your fiancée sounds great it's you who has the problem with tattoos so you should back down

·
Registered
7,283 Posts

You shouldn't have to not do something just because someone else doesn't like it.The more posts I read the less I like about the poster.
If something was very important to my husband I would respect that. If I couldn't then I shouldn't have married him.
I have things that are deal breakers for me.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts

Really? So, if I wanted to take a 3 hour lunch at a day spa I should be able to do that even if my boss doesn't like it? If I wanted to have sex with random men I should be able to do that even if my husband doesn't like it?

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts

Okay. I used an ellipsis because I couldn't remember exactly what *you* wrote.

My Tapatalk showed that you called the other poster ignorant before editing your post.
Keep in mind...Bub. When Miss Independent uses an Ellipsis it has lipstick on it.

And it frames a pretty smile....and is under a cute nose.

FYI...and all.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts

Really? So, if I wanted to take a 3 hour lunch at a day spa I should be able to do that even if my boss doesn't like it? If I wanted to have sex with random men I should be able to do that even if my husband doesn't like it?
God, I like this.

Even though I should not.

And you should not.....too and also a too true.

Random men..........we are all random....until we are not.
.............................................................................................................................................................
Some people stand in their own light and wonder why others cannot see their "point".

Being right all the time gets to be boring. Humility lets you start at a lower level and re-generate, upwards..... over and over, up and down.

·
Registered
283 Posts

That's not what I mean.She is entitled to get a tattoo if she wants one,or ten.I met men like this before they think they control everything.

·
Administrator
42,465 Posts

That's not what I mean.She is entitled to get a tattoo if she wants one,or ten.I met men like this before they think they control everything.
You are right, she can get all the tattoos she wants.

But, if he does not like tattoos on his partner, he has all the right to not want that.

He can talk to her and request that she not get tattoos.

Then it's up to her to decide if she will get no tattoo based on his feelings about them or if she wants to get one or many.

And he has the right to not continue to a relationship with a woman who has tattoos.

He does not have the right to control her. But he has the right to chose a woman based on his own parameters.

901 - 920 of 1202 Posts