Talk About Marriage banner

881 - 900 of 1202 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
Re: Fiancées tattoo.

offer him a small ownership stake to stay involved in some capacity where what he gets out of it, outside of equity, is based on the money it's bringing in, even if he's not running/managing the gym. He'll make dang sure he gets someone in there with experience that he likes to do so...
That's a great idea,thanks.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #882 (Edited)

I'm friendly with some of the local cops and one of them rang me a few minutes ago.Js father has just been arrested on a DUI.I don't know the full story yet but apparently he was leaving a local hotel and someone rear ended him,the cops were called and the cop who arrived smelt alcohol on his breath and breathalysed him.I called my lawyers and they are sending someone over,J is out with Ally and the boy is with me and I'm not sure whether to ring her or not.I don't think there was anyone else in the car but my cop friend didn't stay on the line long enough to get much info from him.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

So what ended up happening here? A DUI is usually pretty straightforward (ask me how I know.. many years ago..). What were your police friends or whoever your attorney sent over able to do for j's dad?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #886

So what ended up happening here? A DUI is usually pretty straightforward (ask me how I know.. many years ago..). What were your police friends or whoever your attorney sent over able to do for j's dad?
My cop friend was just letting me know about the arrest,he couldn't actually do anything else to help.The lawyer went over to the jail and Js dad had tried called his own lawyer but got voicemail.My guy arranged bail and left him home after blood samples had been taken.I have no sympathy for drunk drivers but J wanted to help so I did.He will get hell from his wife over this and if he loses his driving license it will screw his business up too.J has insisted on paying for bail with her own money and says she will get her dad to repay her and also get him to pay for the lawyer.Bail was five hundred dollars so it could have been worse.

·
Registered
283 Posts

I have been reading your thread and I wonder why you think you have the right to tell anyone not to get a tattoo,if you don't like them then get another girlfriend

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #888

I have been reading your thread and I wonder why you think you have the right to tell anyone not to get a tattoo,if you don't like them then get another girlfriend
Wow,you have three posts on tam and you want to tell me how to live my life.I am really flattered and I will tell my gf we have to split up immediately because you said so.

·
Registered
541 Posts

Please read the thread more thoroughly and carefully. This thread is near 900 posts. Your comment might have made a little sense at post 10, but not now.

He didn't 'tell' anyone not to get a tattoo, they agreed it was a deal breaker between the two of them. Regardless of what you or I think of tattoos, they have the right to make up their own mind. She also had deal-breakers that he agreed to.

He did start to get another girlfriend, or at least cancel the wedding and drop her as his current girl friend. Partly because of the pending tattoo, but perhaps more because of the way it was raised.

But this is all so out of date. In the last 800+ posts the thread has moved so far past these points.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Wow,you have three posts on tam and you want to tell me how to live my life.I am really flattered and I will tell my gf we have to split up immediately because you said so.
I don't know if you are trying to be funny here but there is nothing wrong with tattoos so don't bully this girl

·
Super Moderator
11,685 Posts

I don't know if you are trying to be funny here but there is nothing wrong with tattoos so don't bully this girl
Each of us are allowed to determine what is okay.

She agreed to the boundary.

Just because you don't agree does not make this a bullying situation.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts

Lighten up!

I love girls with tattoos, especially Irish girls with an Irish Shamrock inked onto their soft butts. The Shamrock with its three leaves represents the Holy Trinity. I will leave it to TAM's peanut gallery to list those three things on a girl that it highlights.

This is blasphemy and it's Irish Spring for my mouth....again.

"Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón."
Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose.

I wear a crooked nose above a crooked smile....Dearie!

881 - 900 of 1202 Posts