Talk About Marriage banner

501 - 520 of 1202 Posts

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
Re: Fiancées tattoo.

First you said he stared at you when he came up to the bar and then he sat down, and then you went over and got in HIS face, and just now you said he got in YOUR face.

Do you realize that you said two completely opposite things Andy?

How can you expect people to take you seriously when you make this stuff up as you go along?

Because I sure don't.
Believe whatever you want,if you think I'm making this up why keep reading?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

If you're not making it up, you're bringing 100% of the drama upon yourself. You're essentially saying "I keep getting involved with and surrounding myself with this group of people who create and love drama. How can I stay involved with this circle of people and avoid drama?"

I do get the feeling you're not taking the advice here seriously. Whether that's because you're making it up or because of your personality, I don't know. Everyone is telling you to separate yourself from the people and situation, yet you keep plunging headfirst into the cesspool and getting dirty.

So if you really are a multi-millionaire who just needs a telephone and internet to keep raking it in, move somewhere else and don't leave a forwarding address. Ally will be fine with her 6-figure settlement in the bank. Block your ex and forget about this whole thing.

·
Banned
88 Posts

It's an entertaining story.

I'm waiting for the part when you say you took on the entire gang and beat them to a pulp because they looked at you the wrong way.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #504

It's an entertaining story.

I'm waiting for the part when you say you took on the entire gang and beat them to a pulp because they looked at you the wrong way.
Well for a guy with fifty four posts and counting in two days it doesn't look like you have much else to do.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

Well for a guy with fifty four posts and counting in two days it doesn't look like you have much else to do.
Pay no mind

Your accountant just confirmed what we all knew.

You were her savior paycheck.

I will leave this thread if you try to help her even if you
can make money on the deal.

Not your circus. Not your monkeys.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #511

You are right. But is there something between you and her that is more than friendship? Maybe not romantic or sexual but possibly something that could interfere with your other relationships, whether or not you know this. Just a thought. You are fixated on her a lot. And talk about her as much as your ex-f.

I hope you find peace after all this. Peace for your ex too.
Your very astute.My counsellor said the same before I stopped going to her.

·
Banned
88 Posts

Your very astute.My counsellor said the same before I stopped going to her.
That's why therapists aren't usually so straightforward and honest with their clients. If they don't tell them what they want to hear or conversely, tell them what they're not willing to hear, they won't be filling their appointment slots regularly.

Andy if nothing else, please take a few minutes and read this thread. You WILL find it useful, I promise.

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/general-relationship-discussion/345346-public-service-announcement.html

·
Banned
6,261 Posts
Fiancées tattoo.

Pay no mind

Your accountant just confirmed what we all knew.

You were her savior paycheck.

I will leave this thread if you try to help her even if you

can make money on the deal.

Not your circus. Not your monkeys.

Wow. You do know the woman is a real person, right? You would rather she go bankrupt than you giving up your enjoyment of posting on this thread?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

The barman said if he comes up he will get the bouncers to throw him out.I said not to worry about it because this ******* wasn't going to do anything.He came up to the bar and ordered a couple of drinks,stared hard at me and then sat down again.I got up and I really wanted to punch the **** out of this guy,all the frustration of the last few weeks was coming out.I stood in front of him and asked him what his problem was and did he want to come outside to sort it out.She got really mouthy and started screaming obscenities at me but the guy did nothing.The bouncers came over and told me to either go back to the bar or get out.
Since you can't handle your booze stay out of bars.

Initially you said the guy wasn't going to do anything ( and your beef is with some woman anyway!)

The bartender says he'll throw the other guy if he starts a drama....so you go up to them and start the drama?? wtf.

Leave them alone. Grow up. And since you can't handle the booze stay off it - you are where you are because you clearly seek out ways of making issues

·
Registered
126 Posts

Well the good news is Ally is not investing in my exf's business.
The bad news is my ex still thinks we are engaged.I was on Facebook this morning and she had updated her profile picture(she looked great) and commented she was looking forward to next year and the wedding and she was flashing her (my?) engagement ring.She commented that unforeseen circumstances had forced the postponement of her marriage to a "wonderful man" but she hoped to be a spring bride.
She can hope.
The other side of the coin is she is close to bankruptcy in her business.
The accountant I use had some of his guys go through her paper work and she is just keeping her head above water but has the premises mortgaged and is stuck with massive maintenance contracts on her machinery.She bought new equipment a couple of years ago and apparently signed up for a five year maintenance contract even though a lot of this equipment has only about a two year life cycle.I checked how much second hand gym equipment was selling for and some of it couldn't be given away.There is a mileage counter on this stuff and once it reaches a certain amount it's not worth repairing and also becomes obsolete quickly.The maintenance contract doesn't cover spare parts just labor.She has to pay thousands for nothing.
Ally has just left,she has been told not to invest right now but if my ex declares bankruptcy to try and get a deal with the bank.
This will be a terrible blow to my ex and despite all that has gone on I would hate to see her lose something she has spent her life building up.
Once I got rid of Ally I called the accountant and got more info.The building is worth close to a mill but has a six hundred grand mortgage on it and is three months in arrears.The equipment is ok but would be sold for scrap value if she goes bust.I know the manager of the bank involved and I called him.He couldn't go into much detail but he said the vultures would soon be circling and if another payment was missed the bank would have to take action.The stupid thing is the business on its own without dept is very profitable,my ex took her eye off the ball and now is in trouble.

Her business should be none of your business now. Why do you keep looking into it? Are you so vengeful that you would buy her failing business and rub it in her face? Let somebody else deal with it!

Also, why does she have your ring still? And WHY do you have access to her on Facebook? Block, block, block! You said you had her blocked everywhere. So was this a moment of weekness, or did you not block her in the first place? You will also need to check your security settings to see what she can see on your FB.

You also made it seem earlier on that you told Sam that the money came from you, and that it was 1% and you explained the reasoning behind it. That's not your story to tell. That's not for you to gossip about! You said you told her to ask Ally, but you had basically given her everything she needed anyway. So if they break up over this - that's on your head for getting involved. Stay out of other people's relationships. Including your ex's.

And for the love of God... Get your engagement ring back! Legally it's still yours as an engagement ring is a declaration of an intent to wed. Your not married. It's not hers. Show her that you are done, once and for all.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #518

This is going to be my last post on tam for a while,maybe for good.There are a few points I want to straighten out first.I have been awake since yesterday morning so if there are any spelling errors then forgive me.
I have been very stupid to think one month no contact with my ex would be enough to get over her.If anything I feel worse now than a month ago.
I will ask my ex to take off her engagement ring.I don't want it back.
Someone asked was I that vindictive that I want to buy my exf's business just to rub her nose in it.I take no pleasure in my exf's business failing and I made that point earlier.I thought that was a ****ty comment to make but I did ask for advice,however I would never try to profit from her misfortune.
I will not see my ex and her son penniless,they were both part of my life for a long time.
I take full responsibility for the row in the bar.I don't often lose my temper but I did on Saturday.I had only started my second drink so I don't think it was alcohol related as has been suggested.

I did not tell Sam how much money Ally had or how much if any of my company she owned as has been suggested.
I did not know how bad things had got between them until Ally wanted to buy into my exf's business,up until then I just thought it was a lovers tiff.
I genuinely don't think I can be blamed if they eventually split up.

I did not fall out with my counsellor as has been suggested.I went to see her to get advice on my relationship and she gave me her honest opinion.She wanted to delve further into my relationship with my brother and also my feelings about my parents and how they died but I think that is for another time.I did part on good terms with her though.

I would like to thank all the people who took an interest in my problem and especially those who gave me honest advice.The problem is it is so contradictory.
I think this is something I will have to sort out myself.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts

She was planning to marry Andy but she hadn't revealed her financial situation. A situation she was hoping he would take care of.

501 - 520 of 1202 Posts