Talk About Marriage banner

Feeling Vindicated

2K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  tech-novelist 
Good for you lifeistooshort. Sometimes there isn’t enough money in the world that can beat getting feedback like that. You should enjoy the moment and rightly be proud of yourself.

I know I should know this and apologies, but can you remind me what your career is.

Same thing though with my husbands second ex, and about me, not him. My aunt cleans for my late husbands second ex wife’s neighbor. So her and her neighbor are, well, neighborly and friends. I guess at one point the woman was talking with my aunt and she asked how her family was and my aunt went on to speak about how tragic of a time her God daughter (niece, me) was having because her step son had passed away a few weeks ago, so I’m and so forth.

As they’re talking, the woman my aunts cleans for has an ah-ha moment and says, wait, is your nieces name (insert my name)? and my says yes and asks if she knows me and the woman of course does not, but her neighbor (ex #2) goes on to tell her all the things I had don’t for my stepsons mother when everything happened, how kind I had always been and helpful. Just gushing, which was all true, but I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. My aunt said yes, that is MY niece and that is exactly who she is.

Taking the high road, especially for people who are seemingly ungrateful is hard as can be. And I have turned my cheek more times than I care to admit and probably will continue to be that way if I’m honest. But as you sad, the vindication of knowing THEY KNEW what you were capable of and see in fact you didn’t make it harder or whatever the deal is. Way to go
sister. 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻
You and lifeistooshort are damned sight better people than I am for doing what you did. Could not have been so magnanimous myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.