Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
801 - 820 of 1459 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hey guys, I'm back. The trip went great considering the circumstances. It was awesome spending time with family and just celebrating my grandfathers life. Man it was cold though! I'm glad I'm back in the desert. My anxiety was almost non existent on the plane, I think I just worked myself up regarding that.

Had some hiccups with the house. I was supposed to close on the 17th, then they said they couldn't close until December which would have meant another mortgage payment (no Bueno). After a couple days my realtor came back and said we should be closing this next week. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

I hope you all had a great week.
Glad to hear you had a good trip back. It is cold here now, though, for sure! Did you get to see any of the snow?

Fingers crossed for you on the house. Hope all goes smoothly!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ugh, there's nothing more aggravating than that limbo of waiting to close a house. Its all out of your control and you just have to wait until everyone else gets there ducks in a row.

So glad you mastered your flight jitters, perhaps you'll do more traveling? Maybe?

Onward and upward young man.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ugh, there's nothing more aggravating than that limbo of waiting to close a house. Its all out of your control and you just have to wait until everyone else gets there ducks in a row.

So glad you mastered your flight jitters, perhaps you'll do more traveling? Maybe?

Onward and upward young man.
MrPack - if they want the house it will close. Trust me.

I suggest you take your share of the sales proceeds and fly to Tahiti. You can take TooNice and Pluto2 with you. It's the least you could do in consideration for their incomparable advice and encouragement. I'm sure they could get off work.... :)

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
I suggest you take your share of the sales proceeds and fly to Tahiti. You can take TooNice and Pluto2 with you. It's the least you could do in consideration for their incomparable advice and encouragement. I'm sure they could get off work.... :)
I haven't commented on this thread up to this point (but read it all)... I would like to join in on the trip to Tahiti. :eek:
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
You can take HAAC as well. Her really ripped hubby may take offense though :surprise:
Posted via Mobile Device
I think we should all chip in so Happy can bring Mr. Clam. We'll have a TAM party on the beach! Heck of a lot better than the twenty degree weather this morning.

Come on Mr. P-you know you want to..........

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #810 ·
HAHAHAHAHA... TAM party sounds great! I'll start the arrangments lol. I think you all deserve a trip on me for all the advice and words of wisdom over the past 6 months!

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
update....

I get a call last night from my wifes drunk cousin. He blabbered about how no matter what happens with me and my wife that he will always be there for me and consider me a brother. Then he proceeds to say that he knows nothing but has a feeling that my wife may have met someone else because he thinks this separation just came out of no where. I explained to him that things built up over the past couple years but he just kept saying he thinks theres someone else. Keep in mind my wife has maybe talked to this cousin 2 times in the last 6 months. He swears up and down that he knows nothing, no facts or anything he just has a gut feeling. So anyway I was feeling really good last night up until that call. I dont even talk to the guy much either, he's known in the family for being a drunk and always involved in everyones business but tries to make it seem like he cares. If he truly cared why would he call me all hammered and tell me all his awful suspicions and theories with no facts to back it up?

I talked to my wife this morning because I was pissed and wanted her to know that her cousin was butting into our business and that of course pissed her off. Apparently the same cousin called her last night soon after he had called me. She said he had been drinking all day and was crying on the phone to her about how sad he is for us. Aside from that while talking to my wife today she said it again that she is not seeing anyone right now and then proceeded to say but we are separated and that she consideres that as being somewhat single. She says to me that if I go on dates or meet another women that she doesnt want to know about it but I dont feel the same way. I'm not doign this separation deal so that we can go out and date people. I konw alot of you will read this post and say oh she's definately seeing another man maybe she is but the one thing that her and I always had was honesty. But now she is acting like just because we are separated that we dont have to know everything about what eachother is doing.

I'm losing hope every day it seems like, part of me sees us working things out in the future and another part of me says screw this at the very least file for a legal separation and then look at divorce. I dont know what to do and how much time I should sit around thinking about which direction to go.
re: cousin.
Stop dumping your **** on your wife.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Thank you, I'm already prescribed a small dose of Xanax for my anxiety. I very rarely take it but I'll have some on hand for sure just in case.
Take it just before boarding so it'll kick in soon after take off.
that way you'll fully aware for the troublesome boarding stuff, but you can relax and not get anxious about getting anxious.

part of the problem with panic attacks which grow out of anxiety attacks is they're self-reinforcing feedback. By learning to relax before you face a problem you'll reduce the likelihood of panic attacks.

so the less immediate hassle you have the less anxiety you will have to deal with, so simply talking to someone about something distracting may help - just to break the "merry-go-round" of anxious thought patterns.

801 - 820 of 1459 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.