Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,441 Posts
I just don't see this as so much as passive aggressive, but as a wake up call for him, maybe he's just not that dim. Any thing that goes against what a person want always creates some division.
Not expressing the real problem, but instead behaving like the person you are upset with is behaving is passive aggressive. The person doesn't make the connection. What they do is move further away from you. It's counterproductive. If this is a behavior your use in your life, I recommend you look up passive aggressive and see how many problems it will cause.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Not expressing the real problem, but instead behaving like the person you are upset with is behaving is passive aggressive. The person doesn't make the connection. What they do is move further away from you. It's counterproductive. If this is a behavior your use in your life, I recommend you look up passive aggressive and see how many problems it will cause.
The way it has played out is that he's already disconnected from his wife already, l am thinking fight fire with the same kind of fire. Thanks for asking no l don't use this in my life or marriage , l have no passive aggressive in me, l am the eye for a eye type of guy. That's why l suggested this response for her. It like rub me wrong, l shove the same back down your throat but double the quantity.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I think that you have to be super blunt and spell it out for him.
When we’re having a conversation and you stop it to pick up the phone, this is rude and disrespectful to me. It hurts my feelings. Next time, do not answer your phone when we are talking. You can call her back when we are done.

I find that incredibly disrespectful. I think you need to make more of a fuss about it bc he’s clearly not getting it.
Summer, was in the middle of explaining that this when hubby answer the call from sis then he got off and told her the convo was over. This type doesn't understand logic what get their attention is action not talking.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
She had one about 3 years ago but broke up with him because she didn't like him in her personal space. She literally said that, but she's always in ours.

You tell her that it's time she break up with your husband because your tired of her being in YOUR personal space.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The way it has played out is that he's already disconnected from his wife already, l am thinking fight fire with the same kind of fire. Thanks for asking no l don't use this in my life or marriage , l have no passive aggressive in me, l am the eye for a eye type of guy. That's why l suggested this response for her. It like rub me wrong, l shove the same back down your throat but double the quantity.

The problem is some people don’t care if they interrupt a conversation to answer a phone. I bet her husband doesn’t care. Not everything that bothers us bothers other people, which is why this doesn’t work.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Summer, was in the middle of explaining that this when hubby answer the call from sis then he got off and told her the convo was over. This type doesn't understand logic what get their attention is action not talking.

In my experience, sometimes women think they explain things better than they really do. Men don’t pick up on subtle hints or passive conversations. They need to be hit over the head with the truth.

All she can do right now is make it 100% clear, as blunt and clear as possible how she feels, what he does that causes her to feel that way, and what she wants him to do instead. It should be a simple and short conversation. Then her part is done. The rest is in his hands.

Sometimes people don’t understand the magnitude of something because it isn’t explained good enough. So many walk away wives leave their husbands after them not taking them seriously and the husbands didn’t realize that it was that serious.
OP do yourself a favor and make it crystal clear to him.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I agree that some women think they explained better than they do. But again this is not their first convo on this matter. And some men hear exactly what women say, but she already said this many times and he said quit being in competition with her.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
And maybe she needs to be a walk away wife, because his type rarely ever changes. And this site is full of men like this, and the woman who thought he would change.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts