Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I know that lots of people have been through divorce and it made their situation better. But I can’t come to terms with not seeing my kids everyday. How do I get used to that idea? My daughter is only two and she is a complete mamas girl. She really wants nothing to do with my husband and I just can’t fathom only seeing them 50% of the time. I understand in 20 years they won’t want to live with me anymore, but that doesn’t help me right now. They are so little and innocent. I know that them seeing is miserable isn’t going to help either but I don’t know which is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People seem to have this idea that cheating husbands and wannabe playboys will want to have the kids half the time in the event of a divorce.

He probably won't want them anywhere near 50% of the time.

He will likely be a Disney Dad at best of you split. He will most likely be glad to let you have them 98% of the time and will only want them for certain holiday meals with his family (if then even) or for the occasional trip to the amusement park.

Guys like him would value his freedom and being able to hook up with chicks more than having young kids underfoot.

He will balk at paying child support of course. But after a few weekends with them by himself, he will probably gladly hand them back over to you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know that lots of people have been through divorce and it made their situation better. But I can’t come to terms with not seeing my kids everyday. How do I get used to that idea? My daughter is only two and she is a complete mamas girl. She really wants nothing to do with my husband and I just can’t fathom only seeing them 50% of the time. I understand in 20 years they won’t want to live with me anymore, but that doesn’t help me right now. They are so little and innocent. I know that them seeing is miserable isn’t going to help either but I don’t know which is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So fight for full custody! Would he even try to have her half of the time? Most end up with every other weekend + 1 weekday. Fight like hell. He will give up and want to run around like an idiot anyways.

·
Registered
129 Posts
People seem to have this idea that cheating husbands and wannabe playboys will want to have the kids half the time in the event of a divorce.

He probably won't want them anywhere near 50% of the time.

He will likely be a Disney Dad at best of you split. He will most likely be glad to let you have them 98% of the time and will only want them for certain holiday meals with his family (if then even) or for the occasional trip to the amusement park.

Guys like him would value his freedom and being able to hook up with chicks more than having young kids underfoot.

He will balk at paying child support of course. But after a few weekends with them by himself, he will probably gladly hand them back over to you.
Disney Dad...that is freaking hilarious and I couldn't have said it better myself!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts