Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a general relationship comment/question/topic for Debate...

Fear What is it? By Definition: is an emotional response to threats and danger. Fear should be distinguished from anxiety, which typically occurs without any external threat. Additionally, fear is related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance, whereas anxiety is the result of threats that are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable

Does it cause problems in ones intimate emotions or actions?
Can it ruin or help a relationship?
If you are consumed by it and bottle up/run away does that make you a Coward?

IMHO.....I believe fear causes people to do strange things. It can cause you to be closed off(fear of saying something wrong or hurting someone) Which is odd because by not speaking or running your are inadvertently hurting that other person anyways.. But it can also cause you to be overly Zealous(say in fear of losing something) again which will cause you to loose that person...

I believe that if you can control your fears and properly embrace them(which I am having a hard time doing) Then you can make better of any situation that you are in...

The only question is how?

·
Super Moderator
8,212 Posts
In terms of relationships, fear can creep in all over the place.

Fear of rejection.
Fear of acceptance.
Fear of intimacy.
Fear of being alone.
Fear of uncertainty.
Fear of the unknown.
Fear of toes. (That belongs to my wife)

Everybody knows someone who remains in a bad relationship out of the fear that a bad relationship is better than no relationship at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.