980 Posts
O Holy Night

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

Jingle Bell Rock

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
O Holy Night.
I liked the song for a long time, but then one boy sang it at my sister's Christmas concert her Junior year in high school. That was THE ONLY time that song brought tears to my eyes! The boy had an AMAZING voice. I have yet to find ANYONE who could sing that song so well. Yes, 13 years later, and I STILL remember lol.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I tend to rank them because of enjoying the piano arrangement and/or singing along. I like to sing along to Drummer Boy on the radio and whatever the pop tune "last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it away..."

White Christmas
Christmas Wishes - song from chorus years ago - I kept the sheet music but can't find a link so you can hear it.

The city lights are red and emerald embers
Christmas is coming, the stars are clear and bright
Wherever I go, I find that I’m thinking of you
And I keep on hoping you’ll be thinking of me tonight.

(chorus)
Christmas wishes can come true, oh
My Christmas wish, Ooo, to be with you
Wherever I am, wherever you are,
I keep on wishing on a Christmas star
For Christmas day…
Christmas day with you.

The Juniper is crowned with Christmas Glory
Children are singing, their voices sweet and clear
Whenever I dream, it’s just for the dreamy dreaming
That when I wake on Christmas, I’ll see you standing there.

(chorus)
For Christmas day…
Christmas day with you.

(repeat chorus)
For Christmas day…
Christmas day with you. Christmas day with you. Christmas day… with… you…

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I like the dogs barking jingle bells, and the eagles "come home for christmas"

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I abhor xmas songs, I am a true Grinch. That's why my favorite xmas song is "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" by metal guitarist Gary Hoey. I even stood in line to have him sign my copy of the CD and thank him personally for creating a metal xmas song.

Other than that song, I am with Dolly on this one.

You're A Mean One Mr.Grinch - Gary Hoey - YouTube

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
Nat King Cole - "A Christmas Song." My absolute most favorite Xmas song. It does not feel like the Christmas season to me until I hear that song. What a voice that man had.

Wham! - "Last Christmas" (because Geoge Michael and 80s cheese music is awesome).

"All I Want fo Christmas Is You" - Mariah Carey (her voice, the song is amazing).

Alvin & the Chipmunks - "Christmas Time Is Here" (Love!)

Vince Vance & The Valiants - "All I Want for Christmas is You" (what a sad song!)

"Oh Holy Night" (Doesn't get more Christmas-y than that! This song actually puts a tear in my eye).

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
O Holy Night.
I liked the song for a long time, but then one boy sang it at my sister's Christmas concert her Junior year in high school. That was THE ONLY time that song brought tears to my eyes! The boy had an AMAZING voice. I have yet to find ANYONE who could sing that song so well. Yes, 13 years later, and I STILL remember lol.
Ha! I just posted my post w/o reading yours. I don't know what it is about that song either but it seriously gives me goosebumps and makes me cry! :)

Btw, I am a Christmas NUT. I looooooooooooooove Christmas so much!!!!!!!!!!! It's so fun to me!

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Btw, I am a Christmas NUT. I looooooooooooooove Christmas so much!!!!!!!!!!! It's so fun to me!
I'm with YOU, JB!! Since having my daughter, I've loved it more and more every year. Before she came along, I wasn't that into Christmas.....for personal reasons. But now, I just go nuts! Love the Black Friday shopping! What a zoo, and since I'm such an animal, I fit right in! :rofl:

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
OMG. THANK YOU, SW!!! Because I have been trying to figure out the name of that song for YEARS and I sing it and people think I am crazy! LOL. They are like, "You are making that song up. It's not true." Whatever! It is a real song and I always only hear it when I am alone shopping or in a car!

::Goes off to send the Youtube to my sis and collect the bet $::

:p

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OMG. THANK YOU, SW!!! Because I have been trying to figure out the name of that song for YEARS and I sign it and people think I am crazy! LOL. They are like, "You are making that song up. It's not true." Whatever! It is a real song and I always only hear it when I am alone shopping or in a car!

::Goes off to send the Youtube to my sis and collect the bet $::

:p
JB, do you NOT own the Christmas Vacation Movie? It's a MUST have, girl! :wtf:

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
My favorite Christmas song has always been "What Child Is this" / Also called "Greensleeves"... but I prefer 1 specific old classic that I've heard a handful of times in my life yrs ago listening to the radio around CHristmas time... but never figured out who sang the darn thing...

I just spend 45 mintues trying to figure this out by googling & you Tubing...& still can't.... I'm frustrated [email protected]#$%.

I am guessing it was made sometimes before 1975 ..... it has a really strong vocal, I almost couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman singing it. It's one of those mysteries I'd like to solve before I die, who sang that darn Greensleeves song I adore !!

Not one singer /group has been able to re-capture how good that one was... in my opinion -anyway, they all fail in comparison. I'd probably jump up & down if I heard it again someday.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.