Talk About Marriage banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
My ex - variations on the same theme - said that putting in the work to overcome her issues was not worth the benefit (because I was a crappy guy - apparently). She'd also tell me that nobody else would want me, and that all I was really good for was providing financially.

Hell, even earlier this year, she threw a shot. Our kid was acting terribly and had been for some time. I told my ex to clear a space for her since it was about 50/50 I was going to take her house and car keys and pack her stuff up (I love my kid but she sometimes is a bad person - no way to sugarcoat it). My ex and I had a discussion and she came with "so you're going to spend time with someone who'll use you for what you can provide rather than your own kid" (still meaning that no one would actually want me for me).

I'm not bothered by it. She's clueless: alone and lonely and no clue (and/or desire) to be a good partner, whereas if I really prioritized having a partner it could be done no sweat. I also told her that she's a major part of the problem for not being a good role model for our kid (which is true). Apparently it hit home since she hung up on me - LOL!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Now that I think about it, I didn't get any famous last words. None.

Kids and ex wife left on the morning of August 1 for vacation. They woke me up early to give me a hug before they left with their mother to the airport. Got my divorce finalized on August 2nd and moved into my new place the same day.

Pretty much like the last 6 weeks of our marriage. No words spoken to each other.

Since I moved out while they were gone, tomorrow will be the last day I ever step foot into the old house. Just have a few things hanging up on the wall that I want to get. Small odds and ends..... and that will be it. Next time I go over there will be to pick up my kids for my first week to have them on my own on Saturday when they return.

20 years together and not a word spoken for the last 6 weeks. Just like my ex liked doing things. Sweep it all under the rug and then go run and hide.

·
Registered
10,094 Posts

Kids and ex wife left on the morning of August 1 for vacation. They woke me up early to give me a hug before they left with their mother to the airport. Got my divorce finalized on August 2nd and moved into my new place the same day.

Pretty much like the last 6 weeks of our marriage. No words spoken to each other.

Since I moved out while they were gone, tomorrow will be the last day I ever step foot into the old house. Just have a few things hanging up on the wall that I want to get. Small odds and ends..... and that will be it. Next time I go over there will be to pick up my kids for my first week to have them on my own on Saturday when they return.

20 years together and not a word spoken for the last 6 weeks. Just like my ex liked doing things. Sweep it all under the rug and then go run and hide.
Hang tough. Enjoy your life and new opportunities.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I got told I ruined his plans for his retirement. Never mind that we were both miserable in our loveless/sexless (celibate 8 years) sham of a marriage. All that mattered was his future fishing expeditions.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts

This is the BEST possible outcome for you with her. You have been spared the ugliness and hatefulness that cause people to hang onto their pain and bitterness sometimes for years. She has given you the ability to shut your feelings completely off to her and MOVE ON.

Plus, you can see clearly how pathetic and wrong she is for you in every way...she might think she's doing it for herself, but it's the best thing she could ever do for you!

81 - 91 of 91 Posts