Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those divorced or separated, any garbage that sticks in your mind uttered by your EX as parting, or near parting words? I have three:

1) I feel sorry for you because you’re going to just be an “every other weekend dad”. I have 50/50

2) you will never find another wife like me. I was the best thing that ever happened to you. I hope to never find another person like you. Thankfully, so far, I haven’t.

3) your stupid marriage sites broke us up. Nope, my stupid marriage sites WOKE me up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
1) I feel sorry for you because you’re going to just be an “every other weekend dad”. I have 50/50
This was never said to me, but it sure would hurt.

Remember that things that are said sometimes come from the inability to see that he/she had a hand in the divorce too. No divorce in my opinion is 100 percent one spouses fault.

2) you will never find another wife like me. I was the best thing that ever happened to you. I hope to never find another person like you. Thankfully, so far, I haven’t.
This too was never said to me.. but this to me is again, try and hurt you.

Curiously you must be over the divorce... because I like your responses, whether they were verbal or inside your head.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was never said to me, but it sure would hurt.

Remember that things that are said sometimes come from the inability to see that he/she had a hand in the divorce too. No divorce in my opinion is 100 percent one spouses fault.

This too was never said to me.. but this to me is again, try and hurt you.

Curiously you must be over the divorce... because I like your responses, whether they were verbal or inside your head.
Yes I’m over it. It was a two year battle with a trial that lasted 12 days. Those are my responses now, in my head. Looking back, I didn’t respond directly to that garbage when it was said to me. Those responses are how I feel now after two years of freedom.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
“I have a few years left of looking good enough to attract a rich man, I’m not gonna waste it”

“if you made 150k a year, 90% of our problems would go away”

“feeding my H greasy meals, because he has a fat insurance policy” tweet (that’s how I found the cheating, discovered her Twitter acct.)

“I’m not attracted to you anymore”

“I’m hoping to find a man that can give me an orgasm”
She admitted a few years later it wasn’t me, she never did have one, and and admitted being very promiscuous for a while when we separated. Now she’s married to a wealthy heir that’s never worked, has drank for years, chain smokes cigarettes since he was 25, and had pancreatitis and nearly died from all the drinking a year or so after they were married. Actually a decent guy though, and my kids don’t dislike him. Just boring and no self motivation. 10 years older than she…. But that one hurt tremendously. I’ve since found I’m quite capable of causing orgasms with much more beautiful women than her.

“I should go to the front of the line at a buffet with pxxxy like this”. One of her tweets

“how far are you willing to drive”. Another tweet”

“sitting here at 5’s soccer game, sexting my Twitter crush. Am I a bad mom?” Tweet

I have more….. lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My divorce is currently ongoing but when I finally told him that I could no longer attempt reconciliation after his affair and was choosing me over us he said “I still own your ass!” Referring to the small tattoo of his first name I have in a private place. I know, worst idea ever. Although he insisted he was referring to the tattoo I think he meant much more by that statement. He thinks because he makes all the money he can control me. It revealed quite a lot to me. Think again, buddy!

·
Registered
664 Posts
My divorce is currently ongoing but when I finally told him that I could no longer attempt reconciliation after his affair and was choosing me over us he said “I still own your ass!” Referring to the small tattoo of his first name I have in a private place. I know, worst idea ever. Although he insisted he was referring to the tattoo I think he meant much more by that statement. He thinks because he makes all the money he can control me. It revealed quite a lot to me. Think again, buddy!
I guess you'll need some more 'ink work' done on that private place! :oops::LOL:

·
Super Moderator
10,854 Posts
"I know you'll wake up and realize that you're throwing away the life we built".

Umm, no.....the throwing away was done by you. Between your nasty passive aggressive conflict avoidant ******** and the lying about your side trash our entire 13 years together (among other things) I decided that you weren't that great of a deal.

And you're still single (I'm not) since your ho was on marriage #5, and you've shown historically that you don't actually wish to be seen with her, so you blew up your marriage over trash you don't even want to be seen with.

And as it turns out I don't even need your money. I make a lot more then you and even with my 2 boys my grocery bill is half of what it was with you (because you didn't buy anything but ate everything in sight). The one who had to downsize and cut cable was you.

So no....I didn't throw anything away. My life has greatly improved without you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
After reading your story, I have a very hard time thinking of you as any kind of victim. I don't mean that harshly, but I won't lie to you.
Oh I never considered myself a "Victim". I consider myself very responsible for the ending of my marriage. That said, when someone can't express themselves because of anxiety or fear, they can't very well address the problems they see in a marriage. I was never secure enough to say, nor was I in a place to to address, the simple issues a marriage can have. I put myself there, no blame on the Ex.

I do have to ask though...Because of my transgressions am I unworthy of offering advice? I simply am cognizant that a failure in a marriage is a two way street.. even if one contributed in a very small way. I think too many just blame the other or put it all on themselves without actually thinking about how they got to where they are. That is part of recovery, taking responsibility and recognizing your role in the failure of the marriage... but it also is re-evaluating the things of the past and recognizing how that effected your own behavior and taking steps to alleviate those behaviors.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes I’m over it. It was a two year battle with a trial that lasted 12 days. Those are my responses now, in my head. Looking back, I didn’t respond directly to that garbage when it was said to me. Those responses are how I feel now after two years of freedom.
Yeah, it's too fresh for me to have any zinger responses. Not that I would have any because quite frankly I'm just empty inside, and I'm not sure that once I begin to repair the damage I've created in me that I'll care... hell, I'm already so disconnected that I don't care.

·
Premium Member
11,312 Posts
“And after all I’ve given you.”

Yep, and I would have traded every last one of the lake houses and cars and boats and vacations and all that jewelry to have a faithful husband. Because while those material things meant everything to you, they meant nothing to me. All I wanted was a happy life with you — not lots of stuff. No more.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Undecided if I’ll go for a cover-up or removal. Not looking forward to either but can’t live with his name there for the rest of my life.
Well, after he split from Winona Ryder, Johnny Depp had his "Winona Forever" tattoo converted to "Wino Forever".

And, actually, in view of some of the news about him recently, it looks like that revision was quite appropriate.

·
Super Moderator
10,854 Posts
“And after all I’ve given you.”

Yep, and I would have traded every last one of the lake houses and cars and boats and vacations and all that jewelry to have a faithful husband. Because while those material things meant everything to you, they meant nothing to me. All I wanted was a happy life with you — not lots of stuff. No more.
It's telling when after years they don't seem to know what's important to you...they assume that what matters to them must matter to you too.

This is on a much smaller scale but my ex was really into cards. He sent them to everyone foe every occasion....part of his I'm a nice guy image management.

Cards never meant much to me but I knew he liked them so I bought them for him.

Right after I divorced him what did he do? Sent me a fancy card for my bday, then when I didn't acknowledged it (I had ignored all attempts at communication) he demanded to know why I didn't thank him. The fact that I never cared for cards never entered his thought process....he liked them and that's what mattered.

Cheap ****er didn't even include a gift card....I MIGHT have thanked him for that 😅

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
For those divorced or separated, any garbage that sticks in your mind uttered by your EX as parting, or near parting words? I have three:

3) your stupid marriage sites broke us up. Nope, my stupid marriage sites WOKE me up.
My ex just said he F'ed up, I was a good person who didn't deserve "this". Yet he never apologized but offered help me with anything I needed and wanted to be friends. I told him I'd be fine and he wasn't my idea of a friend.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts