Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we delete out spouses? Not like we talk on there but look at the pics of the kids he takes.

Thoughts
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
104 Posts
My H unfriended me on my personal account. I told him that he was being immature considering his ex-GF of 7-years is on his FB.

He said that it's because he can't stand the idea of finding out what I'm doing (i.e. dating, being with other people), but he's "friends" with me on my professional FB account since I don't post personal stuff there.

Last night he mentioned "friending" me back or something. It's really a little childish but what can ya do! :scratchhead:

·
Registered
858 Posts
I blocked mine almost immediately. Didn't want to be reminded of her and definitely didn't want to see her posting pictures of herself with someone else. So no I don't find that that childish. Maybe someday I can be her friend again, but not now. In my case it really hurts me just to see her. Its all so fresh in my mind right now. My old life with her.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Facebook played a huge part in ruining our marriage, so even though I have an account on there (restarted another account, not my old one) I don't have my wife friended, nor do I want to.

It would likely be a LONG time before I could ever do that, I don't want to see what she's doing, it just messes with my head at this point. Especially because she's still friends with HIM.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
pffft...
He left me. Walked out on me. Deleted me from his life. No conversation no closure. Nothing...zip. No money...no help. Just debt.

Then he deleted me from his fb soon after...I had set up his fb...I hacked the acct. took it back...***d the whole thing up...deleted his entire friends list...pics/albums...everything...nothing left but a name.

Perhaps by now he has his own...don't know don't care...but he wasn't going to have the one I took time to create and upload pics with..f' that. Dumb muxthrfker...as if I didn't set it up to grab the acct. if needed...heh...oh the texts messages came in...gimme my acct. blah blah blah...
all his pics of 'himself'...gone...yea...
every morning with my coffee I sat and deleted his friends list...it was time consuming but very therapeutic...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Since I am trying to R, I still have her as a friend, but it is rough. She is busy living her life, while I am just trying to heal. If we can't patch things up, then I will delete her, it is hard now, and we have a chance, I could not imagine what it would be like if it was over.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Facebook was the beginning of the end of our marriage. It was how he got in touch with his old flame. He has since re-friended her. [email protected]@kng makes me sick. Hell no we are not Facebook friends. He is blocked, all the women are blocked. His kids are blocked. I blocked him from my kids accounts too. I don't want to snow what that sick ba$tard is doing nor do I want him stalking my page.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah fb helped kill or did kill my marriage. I asked her to defriend a guy that appeared a month or so before D day announcement and because of a motorcycle ride. She did initially but he magically reappeared right at the time of our reconnection honeymoon while we were in mc. I sat on it awhile but eventually asked her to defriend again and she refused. I gave an ultimatum either him or me had to go-it was me! He is still on her fb and I have lost my wife and kids!! And the kicker is I don't think he is the OM; he was just a convenient line in the sand. Fb has caused or played a major role in the destruction of many marriages no doubt. It gives spouses an easy way to connect or reconnect with people who should not be in their life. At least she can joke at her future get togethers that she is single, happy and got rid of her ex and 27 yrs of history because he demanded her defriend some guy on fb. What a story!

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Ugh. Facebook. I'm feeling hate for that entity this evening.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Facebook is certainly problematic. I have two accounts. One for work and the other personal. I had to remove H from my professional FB tonight. Decided that since he's leaving to go cross country that I didn't need to know what's doing. Secondly, he unfriended my family members and friends that I knew. Third, since my head isn't right just yet, I figured I didn't need to torture myself seeing if he's online (or not).

The problem with FB is that I've got a zillion of photos of 8 years of marriage. So what does one do with all of those photos? Start a new account? Delete everything? Don't worry about it?

You're also right. FB is problematic from an "ex" perspective. My H (probably STBXH) had his ex-girlfriend of 9 years on his FB. I knew they talked from time to time and sometimes he'd share our issues with her (which would irritate me), but they had a long history together. Then there were the occasional women he'd get to know through friends and he'd hang out with them. Some were questionable. I knew there no affairs, BUT I also know FB made those connections easier to make.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The problem with FB is that I've got a zillion of photos of 8 years of marriage. So what does one do with all of those photos? Start a new account? Delete everything? Don't worry about it?
take all the ex photos / albums that they are in and set the viewing settings so that ONLY YOU can view them. which eliminates other people from encountering them.

Then a few months down the line when all of this means much much less to you... you can archive them or delete them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did that initially customized the privacy setting but then started deleting them tonight. I've got the photos archived on separate files. I used to be a photographer in another life, so I've got a ton of photos.

I still don't know if I should "unfriend" the in-laws for now. They haven't taken sides, but I don't necessarily want them passing on info to H about what I'm doing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Loveispatient......you should get back into photography, I just started it as a hobby since my depredation, and I am loving it.

As for Facebook, I hope my wife looks at my posts, because they went from depressed post when it all went down, to now I'm reconnecting with old friends, posting new pictures, and talk about going out. She is living her life without me, it is only fair that it appears that I am living mine without her.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
104 Posts
I personally don't really care about what H thinks about what I do with my life on FB. I don't really post much, but I do put up a lot of photos. But I figure if he wants to cut himself out, then he's choosing to be out of my life. I just have to learn to live with it as difficult as it it. I've been unhappy as well and perhaps he's doing me a favor by doing this.

I've been trying to get back into photography. It's just been a difficult couple of years and inspiration has been short, but I shoot as much as I can. I shot professionally - weddings, events, business etc. We were in Florida before all this started and I was starting to feel inspired. I'll get back into it soon I think.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
gaming facebook is precisely the problem.

LIP, either unfriend them or block them and unsubscribe from their threads. The in-laws i liked i wrote them and told them i was unfriending them "out of respect for my ex's privacy."

I too had most of the photos in the relationship. Including the gatekeeper of all the wedding photography. Can't bring myself to delete that yet but it's now moved onto an external drive where i don't encounter it. But there was a night a few months ago where i spent about 4 hours drinking and removing her from social media.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.