Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Are you sure that that's not my STBXW? She supposedly has an absolute slew of FB friends~ including two very special ones that she would travel the ends of the earth for and would do damn near anything for!

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
I don't even have an account. I had one once, then found I was wasting waaaaaayyyyy too much time on it at home and work. Now I waste my time on TAM. :D

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I quite like FB - I have 203 whole friends although I probably interact with a core of about 30. I don't post that often but my mum has made me befriend all her mad European friends so I can be their 'FarmVille neighbour' :(

I remain relatively private on there as it's mainly family, work people and old school friends. Fine in moderation, like anything really
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Southern Wife,
The one thing which bothered me when I deleted it was this fourteen(?) day waiting period. I think that was it. I think what it said was they would hold it and if I didn't sign in, the account would be deleted. I will wait a month, then google it, I guess. Unless someone has a different suggestion.

Sorry for the oops.
It shouldn't take 14 days; it's an automatic delete once you hit "deactivate". :scratchhead:

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I love my facebook! :D I have maybe 50 friends...1/2 are family...and that's how I chat with them because I don't/won't have Yahoo IM or anything like that.

We share pics of our kids and our families. I love it. It's like a big coffee date with all my girl friends at one time. :D

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I love my facebook! :D I have maybe 50 friends...1/2 are family...and that's how I chat with them because I don't/won't have Yahoo IM or anything like that.

We share pics of our kids and our families. I love it. It's like a big coffee date with all my girl friends at one time. :D
does your school network block FB ?? Ours does due to some perv that was befriending students and messing with them they made it a state law that teachers cannot have students as friends so our district just blocked it at work

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I had one,deleted it then realized I was out of touch with the rescue world so I have to have one that's active to stay in the loop.

I hate that every thing revolves around fb now.I can't even be a decent rescue volunteer without a stupid FB account because no one talks on the phone anymore or in person.I can't even get email alerts for new dogs in need of foster bc "it's already on FB!"

ugh.

I have 89 friends.I personally know every single one of them and have spoken to them all in person.I'm not interested in the reconnecting crap.If you haven't spoken to me since high school,p*ss off and go be nosy with someone else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I read online that Facebook is the new totally free dating site. After reading here, some marriages ending because of Facebook A. So Facebook is being used as the new hook up site :scratchhead:?

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
I was off Facebook for YEARS and then went back on and hardly ever check it.

I don't have a million friends on there and have a core group of about 50 that I don't mind shraing my life with.

So many people say "Did you see/hear about so and so on FB?" Um, nope I didn't cause I hardly get on there.

I don't get those people that have 500+ friends. Yeah, right!

I have a love/hate relationshi with the entire thing. Honestly sometimes ti gives me anxiety. It seems so incredibly INVASIVE. The entire concept and I am a pretty private person so it just makes me feel weird sometimes when I post something on there (which doesn't happen often).

What about those people who will not shut up about their relationships or post super duper personal things or air their dirty laundry on there? They are nuts, IMO.

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I had to check... 93 friends. They are all people I know in person. I don't accept every request from people from high school but I do like catching up and seeing how they are doing and checking out photos of their families, etc.

I have only been approached one time from a guy from HS who wouldn't have looked at me twice back then. I said sure to meeting him for lunch but then I think he saw the full-body shot and realized I'm not a size 4 and never said another word! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to check... 93 friends. They are all people I know in person. I don't accept every request from people from high school but I do like catching up and seeing how they are doing and checking out photos of their families, etc.

I have only been approached one time from a guy from HS who wouldn't have looked at me twice back then. I said sure to meeting him for lunch but then I think he saw the full-body shot and realized I'm not a size 4 and never said another word! :D
You're better off without him

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I have 286 friends. This is living.

SB, what kind of rescue do you work with? My wife is on the board for a local no-kill rescue. They take in mostly big animals; horses, llamas, goats, but also some cats and others.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.