Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I never understood what gas lighting was until she did it today and I caught on to it. Now I see things even clearer than before. If it wasn't for TAM I wouldn't know anything a about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Me too! It is a liberating feeling to see right through it is it not?...finally.

I am so appreciative of the education I have had over the last year. Been able to see right through it for about 3-6 months. Particularly the last 3. Is almost laughable.

And it helps when dealing with manipulators in all walks of life too. My step dad tried to accuse me and blame me for something he created. I wouldn't accept it. This was not usual. Our pattern is him being rude, me not accepting it, him then being personally critical, my mum following suit, and me backing down. Anyway, it escalated. My mum even turned on me too. But there was NO WAY I was going to accept any responsibility at all for something I did not create. AND I COULD SEE WHAT HE WAS DOING SOOO CLEARLY. IT WAS TRULY AMAZING. ENLIGHTENING. They both did their usual things, and after not speaking for about 3 weeks, my mum came to see me, tried to blame me again. Another week went by and she came over and actually said, finally, that she thinks my step dad was totally out of order! This is a first. A never!

So, you see, this place is just brilliant and priceless for that education. And I have said before, how I would never have learnt these skills, I would never have been here, without the help of my unloving, gaslighting, cheating lying man! So I thank him too :)

whatever don't kill us makes us stronger...never have I fully appreciated that sentence til right this minute as I write it.

I hope you see it as an improvement to your life too, no matter what the pain we had to go through in order to learn it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.