Talk About Marriage banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
About her doing courses on Judaism - to a lot of people, having an understanding of their spouse's religion is very important because it informs much of their outlook on life, marriage and family. Her studying Judaism is a good thing.

I am baffled that you do not understand why he would not want to be with someone who hates Jewish people. He's Jewish.

Would you date someone how hates your race and/or religion?
I never said I hated Jewish people. And if he was so proud then why stay with us. He willingly dated me knowing we were against israel and glossed over hatred towards Jews.
So it's his problem.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
You also said that you supported people who are anti-sematic. That goes beyond being anti-Israel and supporting BDS. You did not need to say anything about him going to synagogues. I knew what your thoughts are about it.

My bet is that he thought that he could have friends with your outlook on Israel and his religion. He might have been insecure. Or maybe he was trying to be open minded. He found that this did not work with him.

Since you two did not have arguments over anti-Israeli things, then you had arguments over things related to your relationship (I suppose). It sounds like you both found that you were not compatible. So, you two broke up. That’s it. As someone else said, what he does in his life after you two broke up is none of your business. I’m not saying that to be mean. I’m saying it because you need to realize this for your own peace of mind.
Yeah I did that or our friends did support leaders who were antisemitic but he never claimed.
It was only when we broke up that his friendship with most of the group got a little cold. Because of the awkwardness of dating within the inner circle.

Can you tell me what are my thoughts on him going to synagogues?

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
And how am I rebound? He chose to go to Catalonia. I'm Catalan. He knew me from before and that's how we connected, had sex and started dating
Rebound girl means that you were the placeholder until he decided what he wanted to do next. It usually happens after the guy just broke up with someone and hopes to get back with her.

It might be that the term is no longer in use.

Even though you chose to go to Catalan and he was part of the landscape there, you could have been doing something else. If you had known all along that he wanted to get back with this other woman, maybe you would have still gone out with him but not as often; or maybe with the mission to meet his friends or something else.

Imagine if you had missed a ski trip with your buddies because you had already promised to go back to Catalan when you said you would ...... now you have to settle for listening to your friends making references to that trip and ll the private jokes that came out while thinking about how that guy seeing at the time is nowhere now in your life.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
She did want him but he created misunderstandings hence they failed. Which he said in the video. They had mutual attraction. I already mentioned this so I dont know where you are getting this from
Oh, good God, she clearly didn't want him or she wouldn't have told him to take himself on due to his attitude. I wasn't using want in the context of physical attraction, but in the context of a relationship.

Why are you doing Olympic level mental gymnastics to avoid facing the fact that he fell in love, she kicked him to the curb, he moved on with you, that didn't work, and they reconnected? It's not complicated and it's common. People fall in love every day, it doesn't work out, they decide not to spend their lives pining, and get on with dating and mating. No point to wallowing in love for someone who dumped you.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Just because she wrote her thesis on hate against his country and religion makes her more suitable?

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Oh, good God, she clearly didn't want him or she wouldn't have told him to take himself on due to his attitude. I wasn't using want in the context of physical attraction, but in the context of a relationship.

Why are you doing Olympic level mental gymnastics to avoid facing the fact that he fell in love, she kicked him to the curb, he moved on with you, that didn't work, and they reconnected? It's not complicated and it's common. People fall in love every day, it doesn't work out, they decide not to spend their lives pining, and get on with dating and mating. No point to wallowing in love for someone who dumped you.
I wrote in my first post that it was MUTUAL FROM BOTH SIDES.

He messed up and escaped which he said in the video, not giving her a chance to clear the confusion.

Why is this so hard?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Why is this so hard?
It's not. You're making it difficult by refusing to see the simple thing staring you in the face. He fell in love. It didn't work. He spent some time with you. He reconnected with the woman he loves. He married her. The end. Why was he with you when he loved her? Because he liked you and it was better than being alone.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
It's not. You're making it difficult by refusing to see the simple thing staring you in the face. He fell in love. It didn't work. He spent some time with you. He reconnected with the woman he loves. He married her. The end. Why was he with you when he loved her? Because he liked you and it was better than being alone.
Do you think they were fated? Like really? Dont you think him suddenly going to catalonia and through his arrival there, getting together with me made more sense? In terms of fate ?

·
Administrator
43,956 Posts
Re: My boyfriend and his old crush?

OP is perma banned. She has another account taking about the same guy. That account is perma banned for name calling and insulting others. This thread is clearly moving in that direction.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
OP, I am not so sure you don't have at least some feelings for him. I also do think that we, as in all of us simply have more interest in some people than we do others. It happens. I don't even think there is really any rhyme or reason to it. I can't answer if you were always second or if he really put his all into you when you were together, but for your own peace of mind, I'd say its irrelevant. He is happy with her, I say move on. Its never good to spend your thoughts on someone who isn't thinking about you.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Do you think they were fated? Like really? Dont you think him suddenly going to catalonia and through his arrival there, getting together with me made more sense? In terms of fate ?
Really? Fate? As if humans have no agency and control over their lives? No, I absolutely do not think fate has anything to do with it because I don't believe in fate.

Quite a lot of people would like to travel to a new country, stay a while, and enjoy the company of a lovely resident of said country. Noting unusual about that.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

OP is perma banned. She has another account taking about the same guy. That account is perma banned for name calling and insulting others. This thread is clearly moving in that direction.

I thought her writing style was familiar. She comes on here and asks a question then proceeds to get more hostile over time. If she is real, I honestly feel bad for this guy. She is obsessed.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

I thought her writing style was familiar. She comes on here and asks a question then proceeds to get more hostile over time. If she is real, I honestly feel bad for this guy. She is obsessed.

Goodness... I was sure she wanted to “develop tools to help her assess these situations better in the future.”

·
Registered
11,054 Posts
My ex and I dated in 2014, breaking up in early 2016.
We were friends when I joined the university but he didnt like me that time. I was of course finding him attractive as he's very suave and very attractive.

In late 2014 he moved to Catalonia and I'm Catalan so we started meeting up frequently whenever I went there which led to sex and began dating. It was mostly long distance but we met up frequently.

Our relationship was good but we were very different people in terms of personality. And it wasnt that serious even though we did put up pictures of each other on SM and met each others family.

However, he decided to return to UK in late 2015 and while were living together when he moved back, we broke up in early 2016.

Now, on 6th dec 2019, he got married to a girl I'm now finding out was his crush before he began dating me. It was mutual from both sides.

Apparently he wanted her throughtout mid 2013-mid 2014 but they just couldn't get together that time.

I knew he was seeing her and she was a student at the same university as well as I had seen her around.

They had a starkly different relationship than us.

My ex boyfriend likes his independence and I do that too but he with her, he would stay with her nearly all the time.
They would eat lunch together, study together, and even go home together.
They would by themselves only when she had classes/he at work. Otherwise whenever he would come, he was always with her.
I had also seen him blatantly staring at her stupidly which looked ridiculous.

However a friend showed me the wedding video and though he's Jewish, he made a speech saying how he met her and it "love" at first sight in 2014. Then claimed fate/life separated them in 2015 but they eventually found their way back to each other.

He also claimed he knew it was a deep connection/love because when he met her again for the 2nd time after the separation, he still harboured those feelings he had for her, was guilty and wanted her back. JUST 1 MONTH AFTER OUR BREAK UP IN EARLY 2016.

He also said that she taught him what love is, to accept himself for who he is and is supportive/caring to the core.

I dont care for my ex but I was devastated hearing this. So what was I then? He dated me in between after her and I'm completely erased?
How did he marry this girl so quickly?
He is married move on.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Are you going over all this b/c you're just curious, or do you think you will gain something from it?

EDIT: Moot question as I see TS is banned.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts