Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 19 years old & married to a 20 year old from the US army. Yes, we're young, but we wanted to be together because i thought we loved eachother. It's only been about 10 months & a lot has happened. I don't think he's remained faithful throughout this whole marriage, but we've worked through the thing but I still don't trust him & i'm not sure how i ever will. He gets upset because I'm always questioning him about what hes doing, who hes talking to, ect. We have a baby girl on the way now so the last thing i want is a divorce. I love him with all my heart & would never want to live without him, but when we argue, i just feel so much hate towards him.. like i just want to leave & just cause him the emotional pain he's caused me... but thats the easy way out & i'm not going to give up. He's a great guy.. but i feel we have more problems than not. He gets mad at me for the dumbest stuff... for example, yesterday we were fine & i interrupted him because i had a thought & he got so angry & it turned into this big ordeal where he brought up every other 'annoying' thing that i do... He then gets mad because I don't have anything other than 'i don't know' to say to him when he's yelling at me... but i don't like confrontation & can't think under pressure... Like am i just stupid??? is that why i never know what to say? i think its ridiculous for him to get mad everytime i interrupt him... everybody does it at some point! something so petty! it's just small stuff like that... & he says oh you promised you would stop.. but its a bad habit like his cursing that i don't like but i let it go because i understand its a bad habit thats not so easy to break. what do i do??? how do i stand up for myself in an argument instead of feeling like such an idiot without a voice???

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
You say he curse a lot. I hope he not cursing AT you. That would really be disrespectful like calling you names. Don't put up with that.

You don't have to stand there and argue with him either. You can just tell him if he can't discuss in a civil way you won't continue the conversation and you can walk away. You should apologize for interrupting him and truly mean it. Tell him you will work on it and ask him if you slip can he work on responding to it in a less menace manner.

You aren't afraid of him are you? Sound a little like you are.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
You say he curse a lot. I hope he not cursing AT you. That would really be disrespectful like calling you names. Don't put up with that.

You don't have to stand there and argue with him either. You can just tell him if he can't discuss in a civil way you won't continue the conversation and you can walk away. You should apologize for interrupting him and truly mean it. Tell him you will work on it and ask him if you slip can he work on responding to it in a less menace manner.

You aren't afraid of him are you? Sound a little like you are.
:iagree:

However, you mention that he might have cheated on you - and you've only been married 10 months? No matter how much you love him, this doesn't bode well for the future, OP... Child on the way or not...

Reactions: IrishGirlVA

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
:iagree:

However, you mention that he might have cheated on you - and you've only been married 10 months? No matter how much you love him, this doesn't bode well for the future, OP... Child on the way or not...
This is so true. Do you know for sure or just suspect. I kinda wonder what makes him a great guy if he cheating already.

·
Administrator
44,529 Posts
What makes you think he cheated on you? What evidence do you have?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.