Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my bf to marry me about 2 weeks ago now. I gave him a ring but people r saying that i should get a ring from him. I dotn expect one but it wouldbe nice to have one to show i am engaged. But I asked him to marry me so y r ppl saying he should get me one when i was the one that asked him.

I was thinking of buying myself a ring to show ppl and to get them off my back about not having one. By by tradition when a guy asks a girl to marry them he gives her the one and normally the guy dont wear one so why do ppl have so many questions to y i dont have a ring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Times are changing.
I think it is pretty cool you bought your boyfriend a ring.
I believe the only opinion you need to worry about is you finances. If people don't like it "tuff titty" :)

I personally think both persons should have something signifying there commitment (it does not necessarily have to be a ring though).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, perhaps he is waiting to surprise you with one.

Don't let this become an issue between you though. As you are the one who asked him, perhaps he is one of those individuals who never seem to get around to doing stuff, until prompted. He must want to marry you, or he would have said no!

Maybe a subtle hint next time you are walking past a jeweller, about how when you get a ring you'd like it if it was a solitaire/cluster/diamond/ruby/emerald/simple/fancy/white/yellow gold/platinum type ring that would have a matching wedding band, and would he like matching wedding bands.... ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you'd like a ring, then ask your b/friend to buy you one. Or choose one together. If you're not bothered about a ring, then just say so to those who ask. People love to stick their noses into other people's business, and it really is something that's between you & your boyfriend & no-one else.

Congratulations by the way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update.......

he bought me a ring... 2 weeks ago we went thursday night shopping and he told me to pick a ring i said to him i dont wanna be the one to pick it an for him to pick one he really likes .
we got home and he proposed ( putting it on the wring finger at first lol)

Its stirling silver heart shaped with cluster crystals. its very nice i dnt care how much it cost its the thought that counts and its a very nice ring. Im so happy and In Love...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wonderful news Cuddly. Your ring sounds beautiful. I hope you'll both be very happy together forever.

Congratulations :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.