Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Tug, your story sounds eerily familiar to me... and I know the heartbreak you may be going through.

I'd suggest you have a peek at Borderline Personality Disorder; some of what you describe could meet that criteria in your gf's behaviour.

Oddly enough, my ex broke up with me under bizarre conditions, and two years later, was still sending me text messages that ranged from "still loving you" to outright utter crazed bizarreness.. and I know that during our relationship, she regularly kept in touch with her ex (as well as other men from her past).

It's called "triangulation." The odd thing was it was behaviour she would accuse me of, which was absolutely not what I did at all. The odd time I would talk to my ex-wife because of some issue with our children, my ex would suddenly accuse me of secretly planning on getting back together - even though my ex-wife and I have been separated/divorced since 1997.

The advice given to you is what I wish I heard, five years ago... being with someone like what you describe can utterly change and destroy you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.