Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel bad posting this here because I don't want to minimize what other people are going through or to trivialize EAs.
I have a couple of people referring to their spouse as having an EA with a member of the same sex but then they say they aren't gay or bi. So I ask, is that even possible?
I feel like with my ex his "bromance" with his BFF took precedence over everything. I always felt like he was more important, like he enjoyed his company more than mine. I felt like the third wheel when it was just the three of us.
People would joke about them being gay for each other but I don't think that's it. Neither one of them gave their marriage as much time and effort and energy as their friendship.
When I would talk to him about it I got nowhere. He just didn't get it at all.

They had even been roommates in a big house, went on camping trips together, that kind of thing.
What really bothered me was he had to talk to him literally every day several times a day. He was always at our house.
We would have sex and he'd jump up, take a shower, and then go call his friend. We talked about that too and how it made me feel like he was just getting off and leaving. Again, nothing. He didn't get it.

Any thoughts?

The weirdest part? He went to live with BFF and his wife after we separated and a few months later BFF left the wife for another woman. Now my ex and the exwife have been a couple since he left. It's like he traded BFF for her. They don't speak anymore because my ex was mad at him for cheating on her and leaving her for a younger woman.

There has to be another word for this other than bromance or EA. but it still destroys a marriage.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
What caused you and your husband to split? Reason I ask is are you sure he was talking to the friend and not the friend's wife when he was talking on the phone? Maybe overly friendly with the friend to throw him off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
IMO if your spouse is getting their needs meet from someone else other than the person they are married to then it is a form of cheating. When your spouse wants to spend all of their time with another person it is hurtful and can make you feel like you are ant enough for them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Happens all the time. It happened with my wife in my marriage. I just had no clue what it was. It was still devastating to know that outside relationships took precedence over the marriage.

A close friend of mine divorced his wife who was in an EA with another woman and refused to give her up. She was more important than the marriage I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.