Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,012 Posts
I know some of you have seen my most recent posts about my marriage.

I'm in a marriage with the love of my life but i'm about to lose it b/c of my mental illness. Anxiety/mild depression.

I am at the point where i have to try something different.

I had a full on panic attack the other night and i almost lost my husband and he threatened to take my child from me. (we have one kid together/i have two from a seperate marriage). I wasn't having this attack in front of my child but my husband said it scared him so bad that he can't see my son growing up around this constantly.

I am in therapy, on medication (buspar) i would love to hear your advise on this medication and any others with those with anxiety and which works best for you b/c i'm still trying it out. I'm about 2 months into taking and it seems to midly be helping.

I love to drink though. I wouldn't say i have a problem but i def have a few drinks a night. Weekends def more. My husband and i love to have a drink together when we get off work or two or three.

I just watched a video today about how alcohol can cause anxiety to be worse. As much as i love to socially drink with my husband/friends and have my relaxing glass of wine in the evenings I LOVE MY FAMILY MORE.

I'm seriously considering giving up alcohol. I'm willing at this point to try anything.

HAVE ANY OF YOU STOPPED DRINKING AND DID YOUR ANXIETY IMPROVE? thank you in advance and please be kind b/c i'm fighting all kinds of battles right now and fighting to save my family.
"Talk with your doctor
Drinking alcohol while you take Buspar is not recommended. Combining the two can increase your risk of side effects. Some of these side effects can be harmful to your health. Additionally, alcohol should not be used as a treatment for anxiety. If you find that you’re using alcohol to relieve your anxiety, talk to your doctor right away."

See your Doctor about stopping drinking alcohol especially if you are still on Buspar.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
You can see my post below but one of my worries is that my husband will find me boring and we won't connect like that anymore. I have to try something though to save my marriage
The above statement made me very sad for you, drinking as a marriage bond will only be a negative.

I vote you stop the drinking and see what happens, give it a few months and see how you feel. Drinking also doesn't mesh with your meds, I'm sure your doctor would advise you not to mix the two.

I haven't gone back and read all your post but from what I see your husband is showing attention to at least two women, and making you feel bad because you're concerned. You have a right to be upset and anxious, that's not mental illness that's just being sensible, you absouluty should be worried about his behavior.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Male 54; I’m a 98% introvert and when I do not get my alone time and lots of it my anxiety spikes. I have an hour commute each way which I use for mediation and some of my alone time. Walking, sunlight, exercise & SLEEP all help. Last year I added CBD to my mix, when I started using it I was in a bad place and grasping for straws. I took it daily at the start and it did help, now I’m taking it just once a week. For me CBD was not a miracle cure, it knocks the sharp edges off my anxiety.

Many meds give me sexual side affects, which are not good male anxiety so I hope to avoid them.

I started an SSRI while I was dating this gal; after my wife died when I was 34, and she left me the day after the sexually side effects started and used it as her reason.

·
Registered
11,275 Posts
So you are under a doctors care right what does the doctor say about all this? You say you suffer from anxiety?

Reactions: heartsbeating
21 - 24 of 24 Posts