Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't know about anyone else but there have been at least 20 moments in my life that were deja-vu and were something I previously dreamed. Take for example about 2 weeks ago I went out to eat with my family for my sister's birthday, and before dinner my sister and I were just sitting in the lobby waiting to be seated and having a chat with everyone else around talking and waiting. Well as we were chatting for just a few seconds that "deja-vu light" came on and I realized that I briefly already dreamed this, and we had the same clothes on - sitting in the same positions - and everything else was exactly the same too, and I actually knew what she was going to say next. This whole sequence took about 10 seconds but I knew 100% that I had already done this in a dream maybe a month before.

Anyone else experience this and if so - are we able to see glimpses of things that haven't even happened yet?

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
A man that worked here died in a car accident in May, 2010. I had never known him, as I had previously worked in a different area, plus he had been off on long term stress leave.

I dreamed of this man twice shortly following the death. A week later, when his obituary was published with a photo, it was the same man from both dreams.

We shared the same birthday, only we were 5 years apart in age. This is one of the stranger things that have happened to me that's dream related, but it's not the only thing. I've also had a number of strange ghostly encounters. But hardly anyone ever believes me. *shrug*

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are usually just simple conversations and nothing revealing or dramatic taking place, and I only get daja-vu about once or twice a year at the most but when it happens I fully recognize what's going on.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Years ago, I dreamed about being in the Caribbean on an island with my hubs and family. The prettiest torquoise water was all around us. The next year, we all went on a cruise together for my Mom's retirement and low and behold we were in the Caribbean on that island in that gorgeous water snorkeling! :eek:

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These occurences only happen to me maybe once a year but when they happen I immediately recognize what's taking place; and so it begs the question how in the world can you see the exact same scenario take place weeks or maybe months in advance in your dreams if it hasn't even happened yet.........or maybe it has? :confused:

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Weird-when I was about 9, I had either a dream or a vision of a plane crashing into icy, muddy water with snow all around... with several people trying to swim away.

One year later, in January of 1982, an Air Florida jet went down in the Potomac river, and there was news footage of people struggling in the muddy water...and it was snowing.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I get these dreams all the time. Usually daily. It can be that day or years into the future. I can see cars we buy or a store we haven't been to. I've seen our new city, not as a whole, but certain parts on certain days.

I can think I'm having the most kick ass dream, later, it was a movie. My husband saw mission impossible ghost protocol. I've seen a few but can't recall any now.

Back in 2008 (we arrived in our city in 09) I saw our comic book shop. We didn't even step foot in there til 2010.

I have a lot of examples going back to as early as I can remember. So let's just say I know and understand how you feel and think.

Reactions: jaquen
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.