Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if he doesn't why and is it ok with you? Mine wore his for about 20 minutes the day we were married and hasn't put it on since. I'm alright with it because it isn't the only jewelry he won't wear - he doens't wear any jewelry at all. Just curious.

·
Banned
515 Posts
Mine doesn't..it needs to be repaired, so he's been without it for a while.
It mildly bothers me, but not too much.
You know they say women are more attracted to a man who's taken anyway- so mine can appear single, I don't mind;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
H doesn't like jewelry, so he only wears it when we go out.

I don't even think about it. We know we're married.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
My husband always wears his ring and I am glad he does. He is proud to show off that he is married to me. I think I would be upset if he didn't want to wear his ring. Neither of us really wear jewelry normally, but wearing our wedding rings is very important to the both of us.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
if he doesn't why and is it ok with you? Mine wore his for about 20 minutes the day we were married and hasn't put it on since. I'm alright with it because it isn't the only jewelry he won't wear - he doens't wear any jewelry at all. Just curious.
Yes, he wears it nearly every day. He probably takes it off only to take a bath or do some chores around the house. He doesn't wear any other jewelry.

If he had an allergy to metals or a really strong objection to wearing a ring (though I can't imagine what the objection would be), I would be ok with it. However, I LOVE that he wears his ring. I know it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things because behaving like a happily married man is more important than trinket on his finger, but seeing it on his finger reminds me of the day I slipped it on that finger and it means something special to me.

My parents don't wear rings even though they're very happily married. I don't get that, but whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
When we first got married he wore it all the time. Then, when he was cheating, I noticed he'd stopped. When I asked him why at the time he said it needed resizing. When I asked him why after we started R, he said because he didn't feel married (in reference to why he had stopped while cheating) so it was a signal from him that maybe he wanted me to pick up on. Now he wears it all the time again :)

It is important to me that he wear it.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
My husband wears his ring always. There was at least a time or two he "lost" it and that bothered me a little.

I wear mine much less - mainly when we go out. It's so expensive that I'm terrified of losing it. (Family heirloom).
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
My husband is not allowed to wear his at work....so unless I get it out -cause we are going out together....it's not on his finger.... doesn't bother me in the slightest... I only wear mine if we are going out too.

janesmith said : his ring doesnt make him married. his heart does
I like this ~ this is how I feel.

Some people look upon this so strongly they are offended if it is taken off, I've seen threads like that....I was like ....WOW....

I don't like wearing jewelry when I am hanging out at home....that's just how I am.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I don't understand why people who don't normally wear their rings wear it when they "go out." Go out ...where? Like on a date night or some other special occasion? But why does it matter if he/she wears it when you go out if it doesn't matter wearing it the rest of the time?

Not snarking...just curious.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I think it looks nice on H's hand. So he'll wear it for me to look at when we go out.

Other than that, I'm glad he doesn't wear it at work...i don't want him to lose a finger while working on a car. And it has happened.

To me it's a symbol and sometimes not even a good one. People in crappy and good marriages wear their rings...people in good marriages sometimes don't. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I can't wear mine when my hands break out. When my fingers start itching and cracking, I can't put anything on them except lotion/topical medicine. So, I wear my rings on a necklace. Unfortunately, the only necklace I could get when I needed one for the rings, was a cheap one. Because of this, I only wear them when I leave the house.

Hubby takes his off every night and puts it on as soon as he gets up in the morning. The only time he doesn't is when he is asked to work on dad's van or any other friend or family's vehicle.

The only other time neither of us wore our rings was like Hope's husband... but, like him, we put the rings back on when we chose to recommit to each other.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My husband wears his at all times. He had to have a wire put in his hand a few months back and it was the first time since we have been married that he did not wear it. When he was in recovery after surgery he started demanding it and they came to the waiting area and got it from me to calm him down.
On the other hand my Dad who has been married to my Mom for 30+ years has never worn his ring. It was too small on the day of their wedding and he has never worn it. He has always been faithful to my mother and I don't think it troubles her in the least that he has never worn it. There is no question they are married and very much in love.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My husband will wear his on his days off if I think to get it out. The line of work he does isn't really safe for him to wear it, he has got it caught on too many things. I wish he could wear it more, but I'd rather him be safe. My uncle lost his finger when his ring got caught on a piece of equipment, so I know how fast it can happen.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mine hasn't taken his off since we got married.
Before he deployed I asked him if he wanted to leave it behind for sake keeping & he said that nowhere was safer than on his hand, that he would feel naked without it on.
He's come a long way from our wedding day when he fiddled with his ring throughout our entire reception.
My fave pic from that day is him absently rubbing his ring with his thumb while wearing it.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
My ex always wore his. My Dad sometimes didn't because he worked around machinery. One day working on the car his wedding band made contact with some wiring and literally fried a ring around his finger and he had to submerge it into water to cool before he could remove. It has a pit in it from that still.

That being said, as a single person it drives me nuts!!! I see a LOT of men who are married who don't wear rings. It makes it difficult to know who I can strike up a conversation with. They will mention their wives or family somehow but then I've wasted my time. I wish they would wear them when not working on stuff.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
We both wear ours all the time. The only time I've taken mine off was when my hands swelled with the last pregnancy or during surgery.

Same with him.

·
Registered
579 Posts
How about you ask your husband to get a tattoo of a wedding ring on his finger then if it bothers you so much?

I don't wear jewelry either. Its just uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.