Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard advice before about 'letting the man win,' to preserve his masculinity, etc..

Is that really true? I love good competition & I kick my husband's ass sometimes at certain things..

If a woman beats you at something, does that affect how you, as a man, feel about yourself?

Does it affect how you see your wife? (less feminine, etc..)

I feel like I should be myself & kick some booty when I can..not pretend to be non-competitive for his sake.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
Wouldn't know as I am such a big tough alpha manly man she never beats me at anything.

*Flexes muscles, looks in mirror, strikes pose and thinks how good I look*

Reactions: Holland

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
This does bother men who don't feel secure in themselves. I knew I had found a keeper in hubby when we went to a carnival when dating and I beat him at a game and he didn't pout or sulk.

We are both uber-competitive so we LOVE to try new games and see who comes out the high scorer. To take it up a notch, we'll even bet sexual favors on the outcome.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have heard advice before about 'letting the man win,' to preserve his masculinity, etc..

Is that really true? I love good competition & I kick my husband's ass sometimes at certain things..

If a woman beats you at something, does that affect how you, as a man, feel about yourself?

I feel like I should be myself & kick some booty when I can..not pretend to be non-competitive for his sake.
Posted via Mobile Device
I actually let my wife win at chess sometimes.

But there are a lot of things she can beat me at, for example, cooking and housework.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My H isn't usually upset by this except the one time I beat him at a game of basketball. He says it was because I hadn't played in so long and he didn't really think I'd win. :rolleyes: Other than that he's a good sport when I do beat him at stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I work with kids with special educational needs. My co worker won't even let these kids beat him at anything!
He takes great pleasure in being the biggest and best at everything!
Trying to make up for something I reckon!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would hate if my husband let me win, like it's an insult.

I like to win fair & square : )

It does seem true that if he's insecure, he'd have a problem with being beat.

We love playing (anything) together...when he's playing something with the kids, he often says, "let's see if mommy can do this, I wanna see her try!"

I know he enjoys watching me try things...he HATES when I give up...maybe because it's more fun with solid competition;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
I am competitive, and I like to do things well. So if you were my wife/gf and you beat me at something it would make me determined to do better. I wouldn't be hurt about it or dislike you. But I would have to give you a good shagging later on.

·
Banned
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still want to know what guys think of their wives when their wives beat them?

Inside, would you rather be with a non-competitive girl who often lost the competition to you?

I'm seriously curious..
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I just saw that..haha..a good shagging:)))

That's the thing- if I beat you, would it make me less attractive to you?
Based on what you say, the answer is no..because if you still wanna do your woman, she's still hot to you regardless of her competitive prowess, am I right?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,714 Posts

Posted via Mobile Device
That would bother me. Would make it totally unenjoyable for me.

I'm reasonably competitive but for me it's more about the game itself than winning. In fact I'd coach and encourage my wife to beat me.

Put me in a business scenario and it's a whole different ball game.

·
Banned
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's funny- I am really good at that game too- when we played eachother, we'd go back & forth on winning, yet he still says he never lost, hehe..

AFEH- would it bother you because it's no fun when it's not a good match-up, or because it's your wife being better than you at something?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,714 Posts
AFEH- would it bother you because it's no fun when it's not a good match-up, or because it's your wife being better than you at something?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think with sports, people are split into two camps. There’s those that must win under any circumstances and don’t enjoy it unless they do and are very bad losers and those who enjoy the game, win or lose.

With your “kick ass” expression you come across as the former. I just don’t enjoy sports with those types of people. I go out to enjoy the game, winning for me is a bonus, not a necessity.

·
Banned
104 Posts
I can't win a board game to save my life.

and no it dosn't bother me I just quit playing games with her!

LOL just joking I never play games with her anyways.

funny thing I have taken women to the firing range and they always do better than their man. well not always but a fair bit of the time. and the men wince with pain when their women can shoot better than them!!!!

women listen to instruction better and have more respect for the gun thats why they fair so well when learning to shoot. at least in my opinion.

·
Banned
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My kick ass comment was used loosely & not meant to be the focus...I meant it in a feisty, fun way..I'm not hard-core, but I have fun in match-ups..I love to win, but if not, oh well! I'm always laughing & playing around anyway...I do wish more people enjoyed the game part as much as winning- otherwise, the joy is kind of sucked out.
So I see what you mean!

As far as going to the firing range, every woman I know that has gone, has done really well- pretty cool!
Of course, I can't wait to try it! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
To be honest if we play games on the X-box or the wii we always play co-op games. We had great fun completing the gears of war games and zombie killing type games.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.