Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dating this guy for few months now and he told me about his baby mama which she is pregnant they have been dating for two years,used to live together ,, he said they broke up but I still feel his lying to me,, one day I was chilling with him and his baby mama show up they went outside ,when he came back I asked him about that he said he doesn't want his baby mama to know about me cause she is violent .. and another day I saw him cuddling with her like a couple and he denied it ,,and I later saw him talking to her for long hours ,I asked him he told me he loves me ,, somehow I feel like ,,Dey are fixing things or getting together ,,he gives her almost most of his time ,, what should I do?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You said you "think" he is lying to you... you KNOW he is lying to you. You have caught him spending time with her and he flat out lied about it. You would be a fool to assume that was the only time he's lied... that is just the only time he has been caught.

Yes, they DO need to see each other (if he goes to appointments) and talk to each other but that does NOT involve cuddling or lying about his whereabouts. Most likely the ex-GF is not violent. That is something that many cheaters say and quite often there is no truth to it. Even if she is violent... that is NOT a reason to lie to you or spend hours cuddling her.

It's entirely possible that they will try to stay together "for the baby". Pregnancy is supposed to be a bonding experience and emotions are often running high. It's also possible that he doesn't want his ex to know about you because, quite frankly, it's way too soon for him to be dating anyone. It's also possible they were never really over.

Either way, you have only been with this guy for a few months... it's time to move on. Dating someone who is expecting a child is almost always a disaster. This time right now is supposed to be your honeymoon period when everything feels like sunshine and rainbows. It is when your boyfriend is supposed to be on his best behavior. If this is his best... I'd hate to see his worse. You WILL see his worse if you stay with him. Guaranteed.

He is showing you who he is, so stop trying to see him differently.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I mean, just the fact you describe him as having a "baby mama" pretty much should tell you he's just an irresponsible cheater. Does he love her? I mean, my question is: Does he even know what love is? Do people who genuinely love someone knock them up and not stay with them to take 50-50 responsibility for the child? No, they do not. My best guess is he don't love nobody but himself.

If you've let him in your life, kick him out before he does to you what he did to her. You can surely see that he is no prize. You can't make him into one. And pouring love into someone who doesn't have the capacity to love doesn't miraculously turn them from a frog into a prince.

Reactions: WandaJ
1 - 13 of 13 Posts