Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

For those who are married of split up or whatever your situation is, do you feel if it was a set number of circumstances that didn't occur you wouldn't of married, or you went through 2-3 marriages to then find the one? I am starting to believe this is the case in this day and age.

Yes you have to look and be open minded and compromise on preferences but doesn't destiny have the final say?

or have I been watching too many movies?

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I believe thoughts become things. If you believe it will take 2-3 marriages then it will. I only wanted to do this once so I got real clear on what I wanted. And as if by magic my husband appeared within 6 weeks. Been married 21 years now.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Just like getting anything, seems like it's the right place at the right time for whatever happened; marriage, divorce, etc. Destiny? I'm not sure what it is. I know if I made a different choice, I would not be where I am at today. This place may never have been "graced"(haha) with my presence.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't believe in destiny or fate, except to say that what we do and say lead to certain actions or inaction and something happens or it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I feel we are all given a hand of cards to play in life....depending on our upbringing/ our experiences (some seem to have the cards stacked against them).....our life becomes an array of choices ....some good, some very bad... many roads to travel.....How we go about these choices...one wrong turn....you might find yourself on a Detour...

Looking back over our lives... I would think many may say... WHY did I do that... how did I not see those RED FLAGS.... what was I thinking [email protected]#$% ...but even in some of that... sometimes GOOD comes out of the BAD...... then we're glad it happened in hindsight...

Whatever our walk...hopefully we are learning deep truths about ourselves.....what makes us TICK....our dreams...to help aid us in our choosings of partners...Then some settle.. some are fooled. Life is very complicated.

I'd LIKE to believe me & my husband was Destined to be.. I prayed to meet a Good Guy 3 months before he walked into my life...(always the Romantic ~ was I) ....I didn't know at the time he was "THE ONE"... but the way our story unfolded...If I had let him go.... I do feel it would have been the BIGGEST mistake of my life.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Destiny? No such thing. Just like there's no single soulmate for any of us in the world. We do the best we can with what's at hand or we wind up alone.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I think the when people starting thinking about destiny and fate they tend to be looking backward with regret. "how did this happen" "why did I married this one" "why did I let that one go..." The past is done. Now is all that matters. If you are not happy then make changes........right......now.

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
I try to avoid fatalism in every part of my life. That's why I always the why's and how's and what were the red flags.

I only fall back on "if it was meant to be" when there is no more that I can do to get what I want.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I believe in fate and free will. I have made some great choices and some really terrible ones. All have helped shape me into who I am today and I love who I am. Had I not made those choices I would maybe not have my awesome kids or not have been ready for the amazing man I have. Some of us are slow learners. I'm one of those. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.