Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this the other day when I thought about guys I know and I would think no I could not see that guy having an EA/PA, they seem like they have high morals, etc. Then I thought, well my H was one of those that I thought would never do it but he did.

Do you think that morality/decency would stop someone from doing that to their spouse or that any one of us given the right circumstances would be susceptible? I honestly could not see myself doing that behind my H's back..it seems like it would take so much energy, etc. to hide it as well I would feel incredibly guilty.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I think some aspects of an EA people can easily fall into. It can be subconscious that a person might defer to someone other than their spouse for various reasons (none of them justifiable).

And also subconsciously prioritising someone else over your spouse.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Do I think everyone is capable? Absolutely. Do I think that everyone does? Nope. I know plenty of people that have great bounderies and high morals. As for me, I could never be a hypocrit.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yes. everyone is capable, but not everyone CHOOSES to do such a thing.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
According to my H, every place he has worked over the last 10 years there have been many people who are having affairs, who are married or are in a committed relationship. I think it could happen to just about anyone, at any time IF they dont have the good morals to say no and squash it before it gets started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.