Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you still French kiss?

10K views 70 replies 55 participants last post by  2ofus 
#1 ·
For the people in long-term relationships, Do you still tongue kiss?

I've been married for nearly 3 years, and most of our kissing consists of pecking, and we do it a good deal, but for whatever reason, we've stopped tongue kissing. Over time, it just started to slowly fade away. I'm not exactly sure why; there is no rhyme or reason.

Just wondering what things are like in other long-standing relationships.

#2 ·
Whoa - no way. Can't imagine not kissing. Still do, still will... even when I'm old and it seems odd to the youngsters.

Note, I'm divorced but I was married 15 years. Can't imagine that going away. Do you still have sex? I can't imagine good sex without it.

#17 ·
To me that is a form of intimacy that has nothing to do with sex per se, even if your sex frequency my diminish, the intimacy still needs to be there. When intimacy wains then the relationship is in trouble. After a long hard day at work, dealing with the kids, bills and pains of life, you can always have a few minutes intimacy EVERY day.

#19 ·
We still french kiss. But not very often. I love it, and very much wish we did it more. She complains about my beard stubble though. And now that more of my stubble is grey/white she complains that it's more coarse and that it hurts her face. I shave every day in the morning, but the times we are more likely to kiss (like at night in bed) I have quite a bit of 5 o'clock shadow. I've been considering starting to shave at night, but then I'll look less professional at the office. I really don't want to have to shave 2x a day.

#26 ·
Try having her keep 3 day old stubble on her legs that she rubs on one of the softest parts of your body say your neck or inner arm....but I mean you do that several times a day everyday indefinately(and each time is not for sex just an affectionate greeting)..Eventually I promise you will say no thanks..Because it will burn too bad..

#20 ·
Hubs has the same issue, Working. He does a quick once over at night with the electric, so he doesn't have to do a full shave twice a day.

While I love long, slow, intimate kisses, I have never liked tongue. No French kisses for me.

#22 ·
She complains about my beard stubble though. And now that more of my stubble is grey/white she complains that it's more coarse and that it hurts her face. I shave every day in the morning, but the times we are more likely to kiss (like at night in bed) I have quite a bit of 5 o'clock shadow. I've been considering starting to shave at night, but then I'll look less professional at the office. I really don't want to have to shave 2x a day.
YES that can hurt ..think chronic rug burn ..but not on your leg back or ass...on your face..its stings and burns pretty bad..

So look more "professional" and give up french kissing.:D

#29 ·
The tongue stopped probably even before we married.
Been together for 17 years, married 13.

Recently, after I got everything out in the open, I asked her why we didn't use tongue any longer.
She thought it was because of her breath...nope! I thought it was because of my breath...nope!
Looks like it stopped just because. I think it all goes back to our being close to a sexless marriage.

Now that she has been on her hormone treatments, the passion is certainly back, so are the kisses.:smthumbup:

#30 ·
I don't know if hubs and I count, as we've only been together less than five years, but yes we french kiss. His breath tends to hold onto food smells a lot. But if he drinks a beer, or brushes his teeth twice a day, it's not too bad. And I don't mind facial hair. Sometimes stubble can be itchy, but not painful.

#32 ·
In the lead up & during sex yes, unless H has a sinus infection, in which case I can't stand the smell.
For a while it did stop, H was smoking & I found even if he brushed & rinsed, I could still taste the cigarette. Yuck!

No french kissing outside the bedroom though. By nature, I am not an affectionate person so it takes an effort for me to remember to give H a kiss & cuddle anytime outside of the bed. I am sure he would be up for it though..:smthumbup:

#35 ·
Real kissing has tongue involvement. Now that's something I miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.