Talk About Marriage banner

Would you give up your children's existence to not have met your partner?

• Yes. Goodbye kids and goodbye regrets.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • No. I wouldn't give up my kids.

Votes: 36 97.3%

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ah man! They're only 1, 2 and 4. Today they're learning how to clean up flour sugar and cooking oil if that counts.
I miss my three kids. I blinked and they grew up. Although as soon as the youngest got driver's license, I told my wife she had to see a counselor or I would file for D.

Nothing like seeing their face when they pull their first walleye out of water or the first deer walks under their tree stand. Kids are lots of work, but I had a lot of fun with them too!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My kids are the best of humanity, I am so proud of who they are.

Having them on this Earth by far counteracts any issues I had in the marriage with their father (we co parent better than most still married people I know).

They cost a fortune in both $$$ and energy, they argue with me and for me, they make me laugh pretty much every day, There should be more people on this planet like them. Regrets = zero.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Going on the title alone which to me is a different thought than the poll question.... I wish I had a better idea of what it would mean to have children. I would have chosen differently for sure. They are wonderful children though, and my life was changed by having them. If I hadn't had children I may not have discovered the natural life I lead now... (raising babies the natural way was easier than the other way and more closeness, but it got hard for me when they turn 3 or 4) but if I knew the way the responsibility would feel, how heavy.... how much they need someone to fix food- I was a person that hired people to cook and clean for me but lost all that, I barely weigh 100 lbs and don't really care to eat unless I have to, so making food 5 times a day is taxing. But I chose the responsibility, so I do it 'right'. I think maybe people that are self centered like me should be told how hard it will be. Now they are old enough to make sandwiches and mac n chs, it has gotten better for me yes. and I guess it has taught me to be selfless. But my former rock and roll life was more to my 'liking' tbh

Your poll question makes it sound like so dark. If your kids were gone it would make it easier to leave? I can't see the question now in this reply area, prob edit in a min

·
Registered
924 Posts
NOPE- Love our kids and grand kids.
Grand kids are kind of like revenge sometimes.
You can spoil them rotten and then send them home to
their parents.

·
Banned
6,046 Posts
Kind of a pointless question because you can never go back and change what has been done. As for my kids, I used to tell my daughter we got her from the Gypsies. Once we found out what kind of a brat she was, we tried to give her back. But even they wouldn't take her, so she was stuck with us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh gosh no!

I cant even imagine someone thinking that.

The best thing thats ever happened to me was becoming a mother. Nothing else compares

·
Registered
578 Posts
There are times I do. I became a mom at 40. And now as a single mom, its very hard. I am stuck in this city with no one (moved here to be close to ex's family when we didnt have kids). Im older doing it by myself with no support system. Ex doesnt contribute financially so there is constant stress to stay in my job (would love to switch fields but cannot afford to earn less). I have an autoimmune condition where I am exhausted all the time. Sometimes I feel I am shortchanging them as a mom because I dont have the endless energy of other moms.

Doesnt mean I dont love my kids but my life without them would have been much easier.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My children are the most wonderful gift I have in this world. They have grown up into incredible young men with many talents and success in their lives. They have accomplished more things than I thought possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was talking to someone recently that is unhappy with her marriage. She said that she regretted that she had ever met him. I pointed out that if she hadn't met him, she wouldn't have the wonderful children that she has. She still wished that she hadn't ever met him, and said that if she could go back in time, she would avoid him even though it would mean not having her children.

I'm curious, given the number of people unhappily married or divorced here, would you make the same choice? If you could go back in time and not marry the person but also knowing that your children wouldn't exist, is that a trade you would make?
I hate everything about my life since meeting my now s2bx wife. I am truly sorry I met her. I have gone through 30 years of absolute hell being married to her. But if it meant I wouldn't have my two formerly little, now huge monsters, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Just sorry I had to give up any pleasure or enjoyment in life to be able to raise my children.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts