Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got lots of them.. I'll give ya an example

I got pulled into a discipliary meeting at work because I was accused of yelling at another employee..Now it didn't matter that the other employee pulled a knife on me, AND it didn't matter that he abandoned his post and went home.. no...only thing that mattered was that Geek yelled...I'd never admit it, but I was screaming my head off at him...

So.. to the meeting. I'm Union and a former steward so I am very familiar with the flow and rules..Management had a rep from HR.. A real corporate-speak yes man..

HR: Mr Down. we have it on good authority that you were yelling at mr. Dipsh!t...
GD: I do beleive I have a right to know who is accusing me of this. I believe I have the right to face my accuser. Who is it?
HR: The manager on duty that day, Connie.
GD: You mean the manager that was in her office all day on facebook on company time?? that one? I have witnesses with written statements saying that she wasn't even in the kitchen at the time..Nor was she around to see the event.
HR: we don't need your witnesses, they will corroborate any story you tell them to.
GD: I'm glad you think I have that much power overr people, but I assure these witnesses wrote these statements on their own accord.. I'm also quite sure that they will be present in court to say the same thing..IF needed sir.
HR: Our witness says that you were yelling.
GD: With respect sir, your witness will corroborate any story you tell them.

.......Uncomfortable silence as we both lock eyes

HR: Mr Down... We feel you were yelling..
GD: Are you aware that my voice fluctuates because of a speech impediment?
HR: Geek, your speech impediment has nothing to do with you yelling..You just want to be heard.
GD: Let me ask you a few questions..1. Are you a licensed speech pathologist?
HR: No
GD: Do you stutter?
HR: NO
GD: Does any of your friends stutter?
GD: Does anyone in your family stutterr?
HR: NO.
GD: then my friend, you have no idea what you are talking about..How about I tell you what its like to be black?

........My rep is a 6 foot 4 HUGE black guy.. he was laughing so hard he almost **** himself

HR rep took one look at me and walked out of the meeting...

GD: (To my boss, as he is sitting there alone).. Shall I press harassment charges against him for implying my stutter is fake? even though he has no properr medical training?? Or is this meeting overr?

...boss walks out...

Reactions: CantePe and anonim

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Lol what an interesting story geek.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: In_The_Wind

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have only been served once, and i did it to myself... I heard i was needed to testify in court, the officer who was spouses to serve me couldn't manage to connect with me, so i called the da in charge of the case, and told her i would be there, and got the info i needed...
not that kinda served!!

Reactions: In_The_Wind

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
At work? I quietly let them hang themselves. Just let them talk and talk until they release they're f^cked.

·
Registered
299 Posts
until they release, they are indeed f^cked

if you want to edit your post and ruin my joke, i'd understand

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It happens all the time with me. I do expert witness stuff in construction litigation, so I’m deposed all the time. Basically, these depositions are half a dozen attorneys grilling me... So... if you do the math, you’ve got eight people in the room charging $250/hr minimum. Do the math and you’ll find it is costing just over $33 dollars a minute.

So one that always comes up is extrapolation. How do I know I didn’t just get lucky and find the worst of the worst? So, I go through my methods which give me an overall feel for the building. Anyway... They want hard numbers. They’ll say “How many windows did you tear apart versus how many did you not?” A good trial lawyer knows I didn’t do a full window count because it’d be thousands (most my cases are neighborhoods and the case is multi-million). I could answer it though. I’ve got several thousand photos. So, to make the question go away... I do what I’m supposed to do and answer the question because the worst answer I can give is “I don’t know.” or “I haven’t looked at that.” (Which is exactly what he wants me to say because he can latch onto and discredit me with that).

Instead, I’ll open the photos and start counting all the windows in the middle of the deposition. One.... Two.... Three.... Four.... etc.:p After a minute or two, he’ll stop me... It becomes obvious that I’m more than happy to spend half a day to prove to him I can count if he believes that is truly important enough to establish my ‘expertise’. I know he’s paying for the deposition, is probably going to lose the case, and his only real chance is to discredit me enough that my opinions will get thrown out. So, I play the game and force his weak hand. If he lets me count, he’ll spend five figures he’ll be cutting the check for knowing at the end I’ll be able to answer it and he won’t get to discredit me this way. So, he does the only reasonable thing he can.... move on to the next question and try some new tactic.

What fun! I usually get a whole two fun filled days of these sorts of mind games once a month or so.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
I got lots of them.. I'll give ya an example

I got pulled into a discipliary meeting at work because I was accused of yelling at another employee..Now it didn't matter that the other employee pulled a knife on me, AND it didn't matter that he abandoned his post and went home.. no...only thing that mattered was that Geek yelled...I'd never admit it, but I was screaming my head off at him...

So.. to the meeting. I'm Union and a former steward so I am very familiar with the flow and rules..Management had a rep from HR.. A real corporate-speak yes man..

HR: Mr Down. we have it on good authority that you were yelling at mr. Dipsh!t...
GD: I do beleive I have a right to know who is accusing me of this. I believe I have the right to face my accuser. Who is it?
HR: The manager on duty that day, Connie.
GD: You mean the manager that was in her office all day on facebook on company time?? that one? I have witnesses with written statements saying that she wasn't even in the kitchen at the time..Nor was she around to see the event.
HR: we don't need your witnesses, they will corroborate any story you tell them to.
GD: I'm glad you think I have that much power overr people, but I assure these witnesses wrote these statements on their own accord.. I'm also quite sure that they will be present in court to say the same thing..IF needed sir.
HR: Our witness says that you were yelling.
GD: With respect sir, your witness will corroborate any story you tell them.

.......Uncomfortable silence as we both lock eyes

HR: Mr Down... We feel you were yelling..
GD: Are you aware that my voice fluctuates because of a speech impediment?
HR: Geek, your speech impediment has nothing to do with you yelling..You just want to be heard.
GD: Let me ask you a few questions..1. Are you a licensed speech pathologist?
GD: Do you stutter?
HR: NO
GD: Does any of your friends stutter?
GD: Does anyone in your family stutterr?
HR: NO.
GD: then my friend, you have no idea what you are talking about..How about I tell you what its like to be black?

........My rep is a 6 foot 4 HUGE black guy.. he was laughing so hard he almost **** himself

HR rep took one look at me and walked out of the meeting...

GD: (To my boss, as he is sitting there alone).. Shall I press harassment charges against him for implying my stutter is fake? even though he has no properr medical training?? Or is this meeting overr?

...boss walks out...
Just a guess, but my bet is you don't get a promotion in the near future.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a guess, but my bet is you don't get a promotion in the near future.
I get a raise every year and I recently got promoted to a new schedule..one where I can take advantage of the differentials.

Just because the management is contracted out, doesn't mean the people on the inside cant get promoted.. it just takes a kiss-azz or a hard-azz

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Not in a direct way (I thought this was legally served at first) but kind of to the ex.

He had a bunch of favorite quotes/sayings, mostly to show what a badass he was. Among them 7Ps - "proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance" and "SOMEONE is always in control; I make sure that someone is ME" and "NEVER underestimate your opponent".

So - I have been to court twice and the third settled out of court, each for child custody. I'm a GOOD mother but his NPD prevents him from seeing that and he would dream up crazy accusations or take the littlest thing and blow it out of proportion or try to angle things to make him look wonderful and me look bad. But the judge, custody advocate, counselor, psychologist... and eventually his own attorney saw through it all each time and the last he settled out of court with even less visitation than he had before yet HE was the one to file the motion.

I love that he totally "underestimated his opponent" not to mention the other two failed him as well. He was always so pompous and sure that he was right and each time completely shot down.

Never underestimate Enjoli. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.