Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We discuss some pretty detailed sexual items here. Do you discuss the same level with your friends?

I don't as my group of guy friends will say things like "their wife doesn't want sex" or we will make jokes like a friend may not get laid after he forgets flowers or something for a special day but we never go into details like the discussions here even though we all have known each other for 40+ years.

How about you and your friends?

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Among my group of friends there was some happiness or celebration when I entered into my first sexual relationship since I was the last virgin in the group by a number of years. My brother has laughed about how the doctor has warned him that smoking could affect erectile function and how he's like a teenager most of the time. A friend of mine talked about his sexcapades when he went on a foreign vacation. When I was in the Marines it was understood that most of the lunch break was not spent eating food if you were married and people would make fun of the fact that you'd come back to work from the lunch hour to eat lunch. One of the Marines was previously stationed in Okinawa and apparently their barracks had a set of local groupies. That details pretty much all of the sexual discussions I've had with friends.

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
I don't discuss sex with the majority of my friends (male and female), aside from an occasional joke or remark, although there is one close couple where a little more detail was talked about. I have a couple of female friends where we mostly discuss their sex life and dating advice. And I have a couple of other female friends where we discussed sex in detail because we were having sex.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I definitely don't talk about sex with friends. And now that there is a variety of message boards to chew the fat with, I talk less about personal issues with friends.

I was really amazed that when I was trying to make sense about OSFs, all of my friends told me, well, my husband doesn't have any female friends. No one did.

·
Registered
489 Posts
We discuss some pretty detailed sexual items here. Do you discuss the same level with your friends?

I don't as my group of guy friends will say things like "their wife doesn't want sex" or we will make jokes like a friend may not get laid after he forgets flowers or something for a special day but we never go into details like the discussions here even though we all have known each other for 40+ years.

How about you and your friends?
Same

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a close friend (female, as am I) who I've known for over 25 years. When we were in our twenties we talked about sex a lot, and in detail (he does what! You like it? Does he do {fill in the blank}? Is it good?) but as we got older and the relationships got more serious, any talk about sex became more vague. Now she's been married for years, and I'm divorced and back in a serious relationship, and while I think she and I COULD talk about sex in detail if for some reason one of had to, we don't, out of respect for the men in our lives. We'll still make silly comments, like I told her my bf was out of town and I was getting antsy for him to get back and she laughed at me, but that's about it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
In my 20’s when I didn’t have a serious relationship: Hell yeah, all the time.
In my 30’s when I was in a sexless marriage: Never
In my 40’s now divorced...sometimes, but nothing like my 20s

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Depends upon the group of friends. Ignoring overlaps, typically you won't find me talking about sex with say my gaming friends. However, with my kink friends, sure. Normally it's about techniques and plays. Rarely do we discuss details of current partners, unless the partner is also there, sharing just as enthusiastically. And if and when we talk about the details of past partners, it's always in terms where we don't identify an given individual. "There was this one woman who I...."

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I was young I did with girls but since became adult I realized that's so rude to my partner talk about personal sex life to others

·
Registered
16,643 Posts
I've had one friend who I talked to like a big brother to help him.

My other friends and I tell old "war" stories from our single days over a beer and cigars but nothing about our current partners.

·
Registered
14,518 Posts
Yes, in a general sense of we do still have elder sex regularly. That, and please don't stop by unannounced, just assume we're having sex (probably not, but still maybe), so call first.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yes, in a general sense of we do still have elder sex regularly. That, and please don't stop by unannounced, just assume we're having sex (probably not, but still maybe), so call first.
We tell something similar to our kids. Always call ahead before dropping by. You never know when we are doing naked laundry day.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We have occasionally talked about sex with friends, always couple talking to couple and never deep into details. I never talk about it with just me and my friends and I don't think my wife talks to her friends about it either. As much as we love our friends that is personal territory that doesn't get shared.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We have occasionally talked about sex with friends, always couple talking to couple and never deep into details. I never talk about it with just me and my friends and I don't think my wife talks to her friends about it either. As much as we love our friends that is personal territory that doesn't get shared.
My wife says she does not talk about sex with her girlfriends. I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Gotta think they hint about it sipping wine?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts