Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if left a guy on read for 3 days after he apologized to me. 3 days later he texts me asking how I am? Why would he reach back out even though I left him on read 3 days ago and didn’t reach out to him? Especially with a man with a lot of options?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
So if left a guy on read for 3 days after he apologized to me. 3 days later he texts me asking how I am? Why would he reach back out even though I left him on read 3 days ago and didn’t reach out to him? Especially with a man with a lot of options?
Because men pursue? Did you make it clear you weren't interested? Or did you think leaving him on read would be enough of a hint? Because for men, often if it isn't crystal clear, they'll think the door is still open.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
DO you like this man @Becky_dime or do you want him to go away? Leaving somebody on read is not clear communication.

He reached out presumably because he wants to talk to you. When that means his interested in you romantically, just wants to be friends or is trying to ascertain if you died & your home is about to go on the market cannot be determined from what little info you posted.

So it comes back to what you want. If you want something, talk to him. If you want him to buzz off, tell him that but more politely.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Damn. I just saw all of your other threads you've started.

I see that you are still very young, but it sounds like you are stuck between wanting a decent, quality man and also wanting to go out there and play "the game". If you deal with men (especially men near your age) that also enjoy playing the game, you will most likely get burned and then come back here asking more similar questions. I'm leaning towards what Bobert said here. He's probably playing his options (you said he's in that group of males that has options) and he's getting around to casting his bait back onto you to see if you'll bite.

Go for it. Or don't. Up to you.

I certainly can't tell you if dating around is good for you or finding a monogamous relationship is the way to go. To each their own. I just think you should spend some time and figure out what you want because it sounds like you are stuck in between wanting both.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Its very clear. Someone leaves me on read they won't be hearing from me again.
I barely know what "leave on read" means but to me, I would assume they were busy. I don't expect people to get back to me instantaneously & anybody who expects me to drop everything & get back to them, needs to learn patience or leave my life because I don't want that stress / pressure. I will get back to the person when I have a minute & that might take 3 days because if I am only communicating through text & some app, that person doesn't mean that much to me to begin with so it's obnoxious that they expect priority treatment. If I care that much about someone they will know my phone # & will call me using the voice feature.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
It means the person read the text and hasn’t yet responded.

They could be ignoring you or busy or forgot or who knows what.
Exactly.

Why the f would one have to respond right away? Especially if you aren't in a relationship with that person, you wouldn't expect constant communication, would you? A few days seems normal, to me.

Who has the time to respond right away to everyone they have a text conversation started with? You'd be on your phone in an endless loop.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts