Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in a relationship with this guy for awhile. We are not married, but we are expecting a child. To really explain, I have to start at the beginning. I first met Chris when I was a senior in high school. I was in a bad relationship at the time and used him to cheat on my boyfriend at the time. It was childish and dumb but in the end I came clean and ended it. Over the years, we have talked now and then but nothing ever came of our conversations. Then in March of 2007, I called him out of the blue to see what he was up to. We talked for awhile and he came over. We started seeing each other, but he told me that he wasn't ready for a serious relationship, because of his son's mother. Nevertheless, I told him that I would wait. When his apt got broken into, I let him move in. We got into our first big fight in July when he forced my son to eat something that was making him gag. I'm all for teaching a child that he needs to eat what I make, but making him eat something he has already gagged up was just disgusting to me. He got mad and left, and I found him at his ex's trailer. He says nothing happened; she says differently. He conned me into getting back with him and we went about happily...or so it would seem. His son moved in with us at the end of July, and from then everything went downhill. He plays favorites with his son over mine, which I understand to a point, but his idea of disciplining my son is spanking and time out. With his son, he just says don't do it again. Among these last 11 months, I have discovered that he has been sending messages to other women about trying to sleep with them. He has sent pictures of his penis to other girls, some of which are his ex-girlfriends. One night, after I found out I was pregnant, he was online chatting with this girl about going over to her house, and when she rejected him, he came to bed and woke me up for a piece. I cannot trust him, but now all we seem to fight about is the baby that I am pregnant with now, and how I never cared about him. I used to cook, clean, take care of his kid, and do his homework. Did I mention that he didn't have a job, and I work 40 hours a week? My first son has my last name because his father has not been an active part of Hunter's life. I have decided that because Hunter, me and this baby are going to be a family, then we should all have the same last name. Chris is mad because I am not giving the baby his last name, and says it's a matter of respect, but after 11 months of being disrespected, I'm not really concerned about whether he feels like he is being respected. He has pushed me into walls (three days after I found out I was pregnant), spit in my face, called me every name in the book, and taught my 3 year old to call me a B****. Giving him respect is not my top priority. He now says that he wants to go to counseling for our relationship (that we have never had, according to him), and my question is, should I give him another chance? Will he ever see the error of his ways? Or should I just take my kids and get away as quickly as possible? Thank you for reading this, and to be honest, this is just the beginning of the story. I could go on and on for hours about stuff he's pulled, but I do love him, even if it makes me stupid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why should you give him another chance? If he has not realized the mistakes he's made, chances are he will not in the future. If you keep putting up with his antics, you are teaching your child to treat you the same way. The truth is, he saw in you the chance to get free food, care, and shelter in exchange for nothing. I am very suspicious about his reasons for going to counseling: he may be doing that not to salvage the relationship, but to assure his meal ticket. Good luck and the best for you and your kid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like this guy is still looking, look out for your children and Leave ASAP. Sorry but you seem like a nice person and he doesnt deserve that.

J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.