Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so from another thread you may know my situation. What's really relevant here is that this weekend is when my husband and the OW had planned to meet and be together for the first time. (He will be camping out of town.)

So now that I busted him, he 'gave up' the OW, he still plans to go on this trip.

I'm concerned to let him go alone, for obvious reasons. But I don't want to tag along with him because I'm trying to reestablish some trust here. Stupid?

Do I go or not?

·
Premium Member
4,056 Posts
It's Wednesday, that's plenty of time to pack your gear. He wanted female company and your the only female he should have as a companion. Make your claim on him. Go.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
He's still planning to go? Are you really sure he plans to go alone? From experience with my estranged husband, I would say he's just telling you what you want to hear. His plans could still be the same. It's way too soon to trust him to be faithful.

You can try to go along with him. If he is planning to meet the OW there, be prepared for a tantrum. Then, when you don't relent, watch him decide to stay home. It's priceless to spoil a date!

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Ummmm no. Either you go with him or he doesn't go at all. He's the one who screwed up here. That should be obvious, even to him. Oh wait.... No, still no. If he wants to go camping this weekend, go with him. If you don't want to go camping, he doesn't go either. It really is just that simple.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
So now that I busted him, he 'gave up' the OW, he still plans to go on this trip.

I'm concerned to let him go alone, for obvious reasons. But I don't want to tag along with him because I'm trying to reestablish some trust here. Stupid?
Huh? Shouldn't your wonderful hubby be the one busting his azz to reestablish trust?

·
Banned
8,039 Posts
Thanks everyone. I guess my fear is/was that he says I've pushed him away with my jealousy - and he will see this as my being jealous. :scratchhead:

I think I'll be camping this weekend.
Sounds like you're justified not jealous.

Put some poison ivy in his sleeping bag. That ought to slow ol' lover boy down.

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
he says I've pushed him away with my jealousy - and he will see this as my being jealous.
Um, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this picture. HE is the lying cheat. HE does NOT get to accuse you of being jealous!!!!!

DO NOT let him get away with this crap!!! You really need to do some reading around the CWI forum and learn about what BS's have a right to. Please. This guy is trying to cheat right under your nose!!!

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
That seems rash and harsh. Are you saying that no one ever stops cheating and no relationship can be restored?

Maybe I should add that there is a sporting event this coming weekend that he has been planning on attending a long time. That's "why" he's still going. However, I do agree with what's been said above and I will go with him.
Yes, relationships do get restored (read the link to my story in my sig for one example, there are many others on here) but not when the WS acts like yours!!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
His behavior is beyond appalling and truly offensive, and I can't believe you are beating yourself down and believing his pathological reasoning.

1. His cheating is NOT your fault.

2. His cheating is NOT your fault.

3. His cheating is NOT your fault.

And one more...

4. His cheating is NOT your fault.

You can try and make this work if you want to, but until he is truly sorry for his going astray I'll tell you what will happen... HE'LL DO IT AGAIN. He'll do it as often as he wants to, because why? He has no respect for you as his wife. You are an option and not a priority.

When he makes you a priority, then you can work on your marriage and reconcile. Until that happens? You're spinning your wheels lady.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
That seems rash and harsh. Are you saying that no one ever stops cheating and no relationship can be restored?

Maybe I should add that there is a sporting event this coming weekend that he has been planning on attending a long time. That's "why" he's still going. However, I do agree with what's been said above and I will go with him.
So? He screwed up, as I said above. He doesn't call the shots in this... YOU do. If you WANT to go on this trip, fine, then go. But if you don't, it doesn't matter WHAT has been planned for a long time, how much it cost, etc. He was planning to screw some woman on the trip. That alone is reason for him NOT to go, PERIOD! Seriously, how do you know this woman won't be there anyway? Even if you DO go along?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.