Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
On a separate note.... Can one of you check and see if you can delete your threads and posts? I think that's changed as well.
Members can delete any of their posts now, except if the post is the first post on a thread. This means that users cannot delete a thread. Only moderators can delete a thread.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Have any of y'all seen one of those thread removers?

It is a tool with a mismatched (two prong) sharp fork on the end.

Insert the shorter and sharper fork under the thread, and RIP IT free.

Grab the thread and RUN!
It will pull loose.
@EleGirl will be hot on your trail.

After it pulls free, drop the thread, else it will lead her to your hiding place.

Enough, of this thread wacky jack'in !

Just Sayin'

The Typist-

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Maybe the PMs platform for non-paid, is a way the Owners are cracking down on TAM being too easy to use as an incognito PM engine for APs hooking up, communicating freely?

At least if paid, there's a better record?

Just a wild thought.

·
Administrator
1,154 Posts
I am looking into this. My guess is that (with few exceptions) there aren't really private forums based on user groups anymore so it was moved into premium until it could be figured out the best way to deal with them without compromising privacy.

One option would be to make that section so members would have to be logged in to view that section. Would something like that work?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,154 Posts
I do have a huge favor to ask of you moving forward though. :)

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Have any of y'all seen one of those thread removers?

It is a tool with a mismatched (two prong) sharp fork on the end.

Insert the shorter and sharper fork under the thread, and RIP IT free.

Grab the thread and RUN!
It will pull loose.

@EleGirl will be hot on your trail.

After it pulls free, drop the thread, else it will lead her to your hiding place.

Enough, of this thread wacky jack'in !

Just Sayin'

The Typist-
Good to see humor now and again.

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
I am looking into this. My guess is that (with few exceptions) there aren't really private forums based on user groups anymore so it was moved into premium until it could be figured out the best way to deal with them without compromising privacy.

One option would be to make that section so members would have to be logged in to view that section. Would something like that work?

- Cricket
In the previous forum platform, to access the Private Member forum, a user had to be either a Premium Member or have something like 30 posts. Any one who was not signed in did not have access to the forum at all.

What are the member levels? I think there are....
  • Member - someone who had under 30 posts
  • Registered - someone who had over 30 posts but is not a Premium Member
  • Premium Member - then this one for those who paid.
  • Vendor - for those who paid to be vendors.
I suppose, if private forums cannot be based on user groups anymore then making it so that only those logged into accounts can see the private forum would work. The main thing about the private forum is that it's not indexed by bots for search engines. And of course everyone on the internet could not read it giving some protection for privacy.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
At the moment, the Private forum is basically dead because almost all who posted there before can no longer access it. It would be very helpful for it to be as it was.
The other forums seem to have slowed WAY down as well. Things should be hopping with everyone on 'lockdown' but that doesn't appear to be the case.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The other forums seem to have slowed WAY down as well. Things should be hopping with everyone on 'lockdown' but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Out looking for TP ? Ammo, food? IDK but kinda weird tho.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts