Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I almost posted this in the Men's Clubhouse but this is good stuff for anyone.

I will just be talking about vegan eating and how it affects men specifically since I've always been a man despite what sjw's might claim. LoL!>:)

I also want to give credit to a lady who no longer posts here.
@jld you were dead on accurate about this subject when you were posting quite a while back.

I am 6 days into a totally vegan diet and I started noticing differences after the first day.

I am nearing 49 and have been suffering from some health issues due mostly to too much crappy food and way too much drinking.

I have never suffered from ED aside from a short mental block during a rough spot with Mrs. Conan a few years back.

I have always been able to perform when it was time.

My off duty activity below the waste has slowed down over the last couple of years however.

My evening and morning erections were disappearing and I was having none during the day.

1st day into this and I woke with wood.

3 days and I started having them in the middle of the day again.

Last night I was amazingly hard most of the night and this morning.

I am also sleeping better and waking up more refreshed and in a better mood.

I have often been taking P.M. sleep aids to get good sleep but I haven't touched one all week.

I am going to keep posting as results happen and I am starting an intense lifting routine today.

I currently weigh about 205. I have lot of muscle but too much fat as well. I should be closer to 190 right now.

I'm going to try and drop 10 fat pounds and gain 5 lean ones mostly in my legs.

I will keep a running account of how this is working for me in all aspects.

Halfway through the third day and most of the way through the fourth, I felt terrible, was depressed and extremely lethargic but rallied to go to Olive Garden and had spaghetti with minestrone soup.

It has been fantastic since!

Mood, energy, mental acuity, overall feeling of wellbeing and erection quantity and quality are all improved with only a few days on a totally plant based diet!!!

It might take longer for some to get these results but I'm certain any man, who is experiencing some health issues due to middle age, crappy diet, etc.., would benefit with similar results!

My headaches are disappearing too!:grin2:

This seems like a possible fix for ED!

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Sometime, would you share what a day is like in terms of menus?

I have the same liquid breakfast and lunch each day with a lot of fat (avocado, whole milk, whole milk yogurt), and then I eat a regular dinner.

But I like steamed and raw veggies, and I love fresh fruit.

I do like eggs - they're easy, so I eat lots of those.

But I'd be very interested in your daily input.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've been trying to reduce our meat consumption but it's been hard! We love meat! (I just ate some biscuits and gravy!)

Where do you get recipes from? Do you eat eggs and dairy products?

I feel hungry when I don't eat enough meat. I crave sugary stuff as well. I'm thin and petite but I have trouble sleeping, and I wake up exhausted and in some type of pain almost every morning. I really want to try a meatless diet and see if it helps with my issues.

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
Gods almighty!

At least give me some meat, a little chicken and a little fish.

So, one has to suffer ED if red meat, or pork is consumed?

Kill the lesser god that declared this a rule of eating....law.

I would blame it on other eating choices, i.e., too much fat and (bad) oils, too many carbs.
For men and women, being overweight affects your overall health and hormonal levels, hence your sexual response.

I agree, rabbits make love like bunnies. And they only eat veggies.
But, rabbits die young, mostly healthy.

Old rabbits could probably not hop as well in bed as younger ones.

Apples and oranges and vegetables, these do don't compare, do not stack up as pertinent.

King Alroy.

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
I love meat too! But since it's just me, I go out for steaks and burgers.

When I don't eat the right combination of things, I don't feel hungry, but I do get a very subtle jittery feeling - which I hate.

And I also have trouble sleeping, which for me has a lot to do with hot flashes, but I find that when I exercise consistently, I sleep longer and deeper.

I've been trying to reduce our meat consumption but it's been hard! We love meat! (I just ate some biscuits and gravy!)

I feel hungry when I don't eat enough meat. I crave sugary stuff as well. I'm thin and petite but I have trouble sleeping, and I wake up exhausted and in some type of pain almost every morning. I really want to try a meatless diet and see if it helps with my issues.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Also curious if you eat eggs and cheese and such. Or if you have gone all the way down to where you dont even eat honey.

Strictly for diet purposes or is there other motivations here as well?

I was just about to ask you if you grew any veggies but then I realized how dumb of a question that is :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Yeah - I don't think I'll ever give up dairy. Unless it begins to cause problems.

And I'm allergic to cane sugar, so I use honey or pure maple syrup in my coffee.

Weston Price's book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is an amazing read.

He goes into how a lot of our health problems are associated with processed foods.

And although I could be wrong, I do believe that the increase in autism and dementia (as well as other diseases) is related to living (and eating/using) in an ocean of invisible chemicals.

Even if it doesn't effect us directly, we pass problems on through our reproductive cells, and I think it'll get worse with each generation.

Also curious if you eat eggs and cheese and such. Or if you have gone all the way down to where you dont even eat honey.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometime, would you share what a day is like in terms of menus?

I have the same liquid breakfast and lunch each day with a lot of fat (avocado, whole milk, whole milk yogurt), and then I eat a regular dinner.

But I like steamed and raw veggies, and I love fresh fruit.

I do like eggs - they're easy, so I eat lots of those.

But I'd be very interested in your daily input.
Definitely a work in progress.

I am just avoiding anything that is not plant based. Cheese and sauces have been the toughest to avoid.

Had quinoa, black eyed peas, and mixed vegetables for breakfast today. Grabbed a small banana and going to do up a batch of juice from carrots, beets, green peppers, apples, celery, kale, cucumber and a dash of ginger.

Probably will end up eating some kind of bean soup and spaghetti or salad tonight.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Strictly for diet purposes or is there other motivations here as well?

I was just about to ask you if you grew any veggies but then I realized how dumb of a question that is :laugh:
:grin2::wink2:

I'm going absolutely plant based only so no eggs, cheese or anything that isn't plant in origin.

I've actually been using agave in my coffee for a couple of years instead of honey anyway.

My only motivation is health.

I'm not even sharing this with my family because they are voracious meat eating hunters, even the women.

I'm going to not eat vegan for Thanksgiving and during family visits or reunions.

If I get good health benefits and they ask... I'll tell them but I'm staying in the closet on this one for a while.:smile2:

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm not close to thin or petite but have had similar symptoms.

I don't have recipes but I'm buying some Amy's brand microwavable stuff and being careful at restaurants.

We are traveling technicians and pretty much live on the road so it is challenging.

Beans, rice, soups, spaghetti and bread has been our staple foods this week.

I honestly seem to be experiencing some kind of detox?

I'm wondering what is or isn't in animal nutrients that feels so damn good to get out of my system?

I love meat too and would eat it all day if I could get away with it!

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
Definitely a work in progress.

I am just avoiding anything that is not plant based. Cheese and sauces have been the toughest to avoid.

Had quinoa, black eyed peas, and mixed vegetables for breakfast today. Grabbed a small banana and going to do up a batch of juice from carrots, beets, green peppers, apples, celery, kale, cucumber and a dash of ginger.

Probably will end up eating some kind of bean soup and spaghetti or salad tonight.
Ah!!

Just do not give up eating at the "Y"! :surprise:

Oooh, I see him coming with the hook, yep....bye.

The Typist I-

King Brian- sorry, we lock him in his room and he climbs out the window.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah!!

Just do not give up eating at the "Y"! :surprise:

Oooh, I see him coming with the hook, yep....bye.

The Typist I-

King Brian- sorry, we lock him in his room and he climbs out the window.
:rofl:

I will never give up the Y!!!!:wink2::grin2:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well, I haven't eaten any kind of meat or seafood-- except for some chicken or turkey now and then--- in...drumroll...three decades. I'm very healthy, my blood work is excellent, and I feel....clean? inside. When I have chicken a couple of days in a row, I feel kind of bogged down, is the best way to describe it.
Recently I have had thoughts of mostly cutting out chicken, too.

I love being a 95% vegetarian.

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Would you share what your daily menu is like? :surprise:

Well, I haven't eaten any kind of meat or seafood-- except for some chicken or turkey now and then--- in...drumroll...three decades. I'm very healthy, my blood work is excellent, and I feel....clean? inside. When I have chicken a couple of days in a row, I feel kind of bogged down, is the best way to describe it.
Recently I have had thoughts of mostly cutting out chicken, too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I used to post here ages ago... have been a silent member since...

But, saw this post and wondered if it might be helpful if I contribute.

You seem to be kitchen-proficient... if 'Indian' is a cuisine you don't dislike, I can suggest several dishes that'd add variety to your weekly menu.

Source - life long vegetarian (most of my family, extended family & friends are vegetarian too), with some of them vegan. :)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I recommend the book “how not to die” it’s about the plant based diet which is basically a cure for everything that is wrong in your life.

I’ve been trying to go plant based for so long but I struggle with finding enough plant based foods I like. But I am a work in progress. I eat way less meat and processed foods but I want to eventually be all plant based.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used to post here ages ago... have been a silent member since...

But, saw this post and wondered if it might be helpful if I contribute.

You seem to be kitchen-proficient... if 'Indian' is a cuisine you don't dislike, I can suggest several dishes that'd add variety to your weekly menu.

Source - life long vegetarian (most of my family, extended family & friends are vegetarian too), with some of them vegan. :)
I do enjoy Indian food!

·
Premium Member
24,144 Posts
@ConanHub

Good to hear that this is working for you. For me, I had to give up alcohol and coffee. The latter one - cold turkey.

As for a dietary lifestyle I have found my eating routine of 16 hour fast (daily) followed by eating like a king, prince and pauper. I have cut way down on simple carbs, salt and almost never eat out because of these hidden ingredients.

Keep it up and congratulations on your progress. Come here often for encouragement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 201 Posts