Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H and I just returned from a long weekend away, just the two of us. Trip was amazing. Made some great memories.

This trip, we were trying to relive our lives B.C. (before children), so we purposely picked a location that would have a lot of bars/night clubs. It's been ages since we've been to a club.

We were club hopping one night. Both of us dressed up like we haven't in years. I was wearing a mini skirt and 5 inch heels (haven't worn heels that high in years), and H loves when I wear heels even though it makes him much shorter than me.

So, we are already an odd couple. Already about 10 years older than anyone in most of these clubs. I figured wed draw attention to ourselves for being old, or that I am so much taller than him, or whatever. I didn't care. We were so into each other we were blocking out the rest of the world.

So, I like to dance. H will dance with me but he's a bit self conscious about it and needs a few drinks first.

He let his inhibitions go, and danced with me. Having a great time. Then I see over his shoulder two women pointing at us and laughing. (H has his back to them, so he didn't see it.) I moved us, casually to a different spot on the dance floor, and the laughs and pointing followed us. So I knew for sure it was that they were making fun of. My instant reaction - rage. But I played it cool and didn't let H know what was going on. I don't know if they were laughing at the height difference or our dancing or what. After that song ended I couldn't take it anymore and didn't want H to find out, and have it potentially ruin our night. It took a lot of guts (and alcohol ) to get him on the floor to begin with and H has a history of putting people in their place and making a scene when things like this happen.

I made an excuse about wanting to move onto the next club, and we abruptly left. H was upset to leave cause he said he was having a good time, but I got him to move on and everything was smooth sailing for the rest of the night. He still has no idea that we had an audience.

Still, here I am days later fantasizing about decking those two girls across the bar!

Someone tell me - did I do the right thing? I felt good about being the better person at the time but the rage still comes up now and then.

Would you be happy if your wife handled it this way or would you rather she confronted the betches?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
People are just a**holes...especially when they're a lot younger...and stupider...

You stayed the higher ground...good for you! You'd have just looked bad and probably regretted it if you'd started a confrontation.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
People are just a**holes...especially when they're a lot younger...and stupider...

You stayed the higher ground...good for you! You'd have just looked bad and probably regretted it if you'd started a confrontation.
:iagree:

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not questioning if it was "wrong" to walk away, more questioning if I did the right thing in the moment by hiding it from my H instead of telling him and letting the chips fall where they may.

At the time I thought of it as sparing his feelings and preserving our good time, but if he found out now that I didn't tell him I know he would at least be annoyed with me because "he doesn't need protecting". And I can guarantee he would have wanted a chance to say something to those girls.

I don't know if that makes sense.

I don't think he would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Not questioning if it was "wrong" to walk away, more questioning if I did the right thing in the moment by hiding it from my H instead of telling him and letting the chips fall where they may.

At the time I thought of it as sparing his feelings and preserving our good time, but if he found out now that I didn't tell him I know he would at least be annoyed with me because "he doesn't need protecting". And I can guarantee he would have wanted a chance to say something to those girls.

I don't know if that makes sense.

I don't think he would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed.
Posted via Mobile Device
So you didn't want to ruin your husband's good time. What a thoughtful wife! He didn't need to look bad by confronting them either.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Absolutely did the right thing.

I planned a weekend getaway with my wife. We got to the hotel and they had screwed up the reservation. Me, usually the hot-headed one, just cooled my heels in the bar. I didn't want to ruin the weekend.

My wife, however, worked herself into such a state that it just threw a cold blanket over the entire weekend. She *****ed about having to wait for the room almost the entire weekend.

And the closeness that I was hoping to get out of the weekend never materialized.

Your reaction could have been to make a scene and could have ruined the weekend. Yet you ended up doing the right thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.