Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for the Men and Women.

Did you ever have or know someone that had Cosmetic Surgery? If so were you happy with the results and did it improve your self esteem and Sex Life?

Men, if your wife or Significant Other had work done or if you knew someone that did, did she walk with more confidence and swagger?

I am contemplating the idea. I am thinking of the Mommy Makeover where they do a tummy tuck and breast implants at the same time. After the 2 kids I have the "Muffin Top" around the waist and I want larger breasts.

I know my husband would love it and I know it would increase my self esteem in turn would improve our sex life.

Don't rush to judge me as I am not looking for a lecture.

Just looking for opinions from those who had work done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm only a a cup but I have been thinking about surgery to go D or DD. I tend to wear a padded bra when I go out and it's obvious that I get more attention when I wear it then when I don't. Men just seem to like bigger boobs :)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I'm only a a cup but I have been thinking about surgery to go D or DD. I tend to wear a padded bra when I go out and it's obvious that I get more attention when I wear it then when I don't. Men just seem to like bigger boobs :)
men are like snow flakes no two are the same. I like all sizes of boobs but most importantly I have to like the woman their attached to.

personally the best advice is to like what you got and if someone indicates that they would like bigger or dissatisfaction with what you got then you need a new partner.

for me attitude is everything a sexy playful attitude will take you farther that nasty looking fake boobs.

at least for me! others might chime in with their own snow flake ideas.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I know a friend of mine sister had a eye life and she is so disappointed that she is depressed and seeking therapy. she looks like the deer in the head lights .

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Nope.If anything it made me more self conscious bc of the scarring.

luckily no one ever knows my breasts are fake.I forget they're fake too bc they look and feel natural...I didn't go freak show size;)

I didn't do it for self esteem though.I did it bc my ex pressured me into it.

If you are considering new breasts,stick with no bigger than a c-cup.

If you get a tummy tuck you will have a scar from hip to hip.it will NOT go away.You will also have a scar around your belly button.This also will NOT go away.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It's extremely expensive and the risks are too great to have this done in my opinion. This type of surgery is not for me, but it is for others. I have a less then perfect body, I am very small up above. It took me years and a very loving husband to build up my self esteem and accept this. My current husband and exercise has greatly helped me build of my confidence. My first marriage I was always told I was fat, worthless, and no one would want me. I was actually underweight at that time and it was a very toxic marriage. I left.

I also have to eat a very healthy diet. I gain weight very easily. I've put on 100lbs 3 times while pregnant and I only lost a maximum of 16 from baby weight. The rest came off with dedication and hard work. I now deal with other issues and life has been far from easy.

This is a very personal decision. I've known people who've had breast augmentation and it literally destroyed their marriage with 2 separate individuals. With the tummy tuck, you've still got to find a way to change your eating habits. It's a temporary fix. I personally believe you'll have much better results exercising. After you push yourself into an exercise routine, it becomes addicting to many many people. I use to be a runner until I broke my neck, but even though I can not walk more then a couple hundred feet at a time, I still can bike a few minutes a day. I only bike on my good days as I deal with severe chronic pain. Exercising makes you feel great and boosts your confidence and self esteem greatly. I do this myself and not for anyone else.

If you go ahead with the procedures, make sure you do extensive research and find the best surgeons. Get several opinions and make a list of questions, bring it with you to your apt and make sure you get as much detail and information as possible. Going under the knife is always very risky and you want the best. I can't tell you if this will help you feel better or build up your confidence.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I will get my neck fixed when I'm older. Both my mom and dad had the WORST necks. omg. My mom's neck....if she had it pulled back, she'd look SO MUCH BETTER!. I won't have it. It's the only part I hate about my body ...lol. So, I'll get it fixed when I'm in my 50s. That when it all seems to go to hell. (If I need it...whcih i'm thinking I will).

·
Registered
663 Posts
My wife would love to get some Botox work done and a tummy tuck (two pregnancies left her with low self esteem about her shape, considering that she was under 100 pounds before that), but has been hesitant due to the cost.

I love the way she looks and told her she doesn't need either, but I also gave her the green light to do either or both if she really wants to. She said that she would feel better about herself and that would enhance her sex drive, so it's a no-brainer for me.

I'll work extra hours to get laid more any time.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
not to burst your wife's bubble but I seriously doubt it will enhance her sex drive.
a wrinkly,loose tummy is WAY sexier than one with a nasty hip to hip scar.
Plus there's the 4-8 weeks she'll need for recovery. She won't even be able to go to the bathroom without help for the first 2 weeks. Plus the breast to thigh compression garment she'll have to wear for about 6 months.
The overwhelmingly high potential for numbness over her entire stomach isn't sexy either.

She doesn't feel sexy bc of her belly now...but she won't feel sexy afterward either bc she'll be hiding her scars and hating how she looks like someone tried to cut her in half every time she looks in the mirror.

Speaking from personal experience as a person who got talked into going under the knife to fix stuff that didn't need to be fixed in the first darn place.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
This is a question for the Men and Women.

Did you ever have or know someone that had Cosmetic Surgery? If so were you happy with the results and did it improve your self esteem and Sex Life?

Men, if your wife or Significant Other had work done or if you knew someone that did, did she walk with more confidence and swagger?

I am contemplating the idea. I am thinking of the Mommy Makeover where they do a tummy tuck and breast implants at the same time. After the 2 kids I have the "Muffin Top" around the waist and I want larger breasts.

I know my husband would love it and I know it would increase my self esteem in turn would improve our sex life.

Don't rush to judge me as I am not looking for a lecture.

Just looking for opinions from those who had work done.
I don't know what it will do for your sex drive, but it will improve your self esteem. I went from a B to a large C cup. LOVE IT!!!! It's been 10 years. I went over the muscle due to already having some (very little) breast tissue. My sister had no breast tissue and went under the muscle. There's a big difference in my breasts and hers. Mine are soft, look natural, and bounce when I walk. Hers are like melons and don't move at all. TMI, but I can reach my nipple with my tongue due to the flexibility and softness of my breast, and she cannot.

All that being said, if you do have breast tissue, go over the muscle with your implants and do NOT go DD. You may regret it. Go smaller so that they do look more natural; like a perfect C. :D

On the tummy tuck............are you not a candidate for liposuction for your muffin top?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you want it, can afford it, dont have stupid expectations and you have confidence in your doctor, why not?

I can't afford it, but I would do it if I had the right opportunities.

·
Registered
20,603 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I will get my neck fixed when I'm older. Both my mom and dad had the WORST necks. omg. My mom's neck....if she had it pulled back, she'd look SO MUCH BETTER!. I won't have it. It's the only part I hate about my body ...lol. So, I'll get it fixed when I'm in my 50s. That when it all seems to go to hell. (If I need it...whcih i'm thinking I will).
Good luck. I'm disabled from my neck.:(. I'm very lucky I wasn't paralyzed from my initial onset of the injury. I'll have more future neck surgery myself. I still have 2 herniations and it sucks big time!

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
My parents had the WORST...both of them. I'm on my way :rofl:

I did tell H that I would be getting it done if it's like my mom's. He agreed. I hate it. Seriously. If my mom got hers fixed, she'd look 10 years younger, at least!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
not to burst your wife's bubble but I seriously doubt it will enhance her sex drive.
a wrinkly,loose tummy is WAY sexier than one with a nasty hip to hip scar.
Plus there's the 4-8 weeks she'll need for recovery. She won't even be able to go to the bathroom without help for the first 2 weeks. Plus the breast to thigh compression garment she'll have to wear for about 6 months.
The overwhelmingly high potential for numbness over her entire stomach isn't sexy either.

She doesn't feel sexy bc of her belly now...but she won't feel sexy afterward either bc she'll be hiding her scars and hating how she looks like someone tried to cut her in half every time she looks in the mirror.

Speaking from personal experience as a person who got talked into going under the knife to fix stuff that didn't need to be fixed in the first darn place.
Thank you. I really appreciate your perspective. My breasts are a little lower but no biggie. However the "wrinkly loose tummy" DOES bother me - my entire lower abdomen (below belly button) is covered w/ vertical stretch marks (mostly faded) and I have really wanted to get the mini tuck where they leave the muscle alone (that's fine) but cut out the extra skin/fat. It's mostly the droopiness I hate.

Up until now I really just 'fake' confidence. I'll undress in front of my BF hopping into the shower very nonchalantly but inside I'm forcing myself to do it because everything I've ever read says confidence is sexy so I fake confidence. I just wish I didn't have to fake it but I like your opinion and honesty.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.