Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a HUGE Dexter fan, been there from season one. Tonight was the season premier and it was great! Any other Dexter fans wanna share their likes/dislikes? I also love to speculate. But I don't want to start blabbing in the first post until I get some responses. I don't want to give away any spoilers if some people are behind.

For the true Dexter fans, I just want to say my favorite seasons/stories were the Ice Truck Killer season and the Bay Harbor Butcher season. THIS season seems like it's bringing those stories back into play. <<rubs hands together gleefully>>

·
Registered
6,617 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! You are indeed a Mommie!!!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Yes, I've been watching since season one. The writing has started going downhill ever since. Remember when Dexter only hunted those that escaped the law? Remember 'the code' which means don't get sloppy and how last season he used his own cell phone to call in a murder (on the boat)? Off Rita because the fans didn't like her... the kids are gone too. Go into Dexter become spiritual, then drop it... wth?

Even this one has him at an airport with cameras and such... I liked the old methodical Dexter and continue to get more disappointed with the shortcut writing of the newer seasons on the details so they can get a complex overall storyline developed.

·
Registered
20,603 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Two years ago I started watching Dexter at a friend's house. I didn't think I would like it, (being the kind that doesn't like violence or anything), but season one had me!! At the time "Rudy Cooper" really reminded me of a certain "friend" I just started dating (my husband/PITA now...) They look so much alike! I loved the intimacy in one of the scenes with that actor and the one who played Dex's sis (Debra?)

Anyhow, the last episode I ever saw was when Doakes was killed. And I didn't like the guy, but I cried.

I've been dying to catch up since!!!! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jellybeans, I don't think you finished your post. Were you trying to say that the person who has the funniest lines is Masuka? What a little perv!!!!

You and I liked the same seasons. I just don't know what is gonna happen with Deb. I love how Debra found EVERYTHING in Dexter's apt. and asked him outright if he was a serial killer.

As the previous poster mentioned, I too miss the dark and evil Dexter who roamed the streets looking to murder the bad guys. He used to hunt and was precise. Now he is getting very sloppy.

But since the captain found that blood slide, she may re-open the Bay Harbor Butcher case to clear Doake's name. Should be interesting if they write it right!!!

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
When I see dexter I think this.....

Dexter's Laboratory Intro - YouTube
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha. This reminds me of when I tell people I like Dexter and they say "Oh, the llttle science guy cartoon?" and I say "No, the serial killer who offs everyone" and their reactions are priceless. :)

Jellybeans, I don't think you finished your post. Were you trying to say that the person who has the funniest lines is Masuka? What a little perv!!!!
Haha. YEP! That is what I meant to say--that Masuka has the best lines ever. He is SO funny.

It *will* be interesting to see how this season plays out with LaGuerta finding that slide and Deb knowing the truth. Crazytown! That blood intern is weird too. Something's up with him. Will be neat to see how it turns out.

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.