Talk About Marriage banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts
Ex texted me at 2 in the morning saying that he made alot of decisions that didn't turn out well. That he loved me since day one, will always love me, and will never love anyone else after having the perfect wife. I haven't responded. But it was like a knife to the heart. What should I do??
he has probably been drinking and is on a fishing expedition. Ignore it. His loss.

I'm sure this is VERY difficult to deal with. I remember when my STBX would text me apologies, I would feel MORE victimized by him, because I couldn't believe him or trust anything he said!! He had already shown me over and over that he didn't care about me at all, so I would always feel like his messages of kindness were just manipulations...I would feel like I had been slapped in the face whenever he would send them!!!

I used to just ignore them and not respond. But that never discouraged him much. So after several texts in a row, I would simply text back something very detached to shut it down and set my boundary with him. I would say, "That's a nice thing to say, but I don't want you to feel regret anymore. Let's just work on splitting up in the easiest way possible going forward".
Or something similar to that. If he would escalate, I would ignore him again.

It's VERY difficult to go through what you are dealing with. Try to engage him as little as possible and continue moving forward in YOUR life!
You are kind, I couldn't repeat what i would say here

Anyone could speculate anything....who knows?

As far as the time, it doesn't have to be a booty call, drunk, or anything else...I don't sleep well and never have...Most of my critical thinking and reflection happens during those periods, when I am unable to sleep and it's very quiet and these thoughts start to enter my head...

But then you can't start to call people, as in your situation....He's 100% wrong..

While I can't say it's the case here, sometimes guys fail to realize that "you can't have it all"....What I mean by this, is if you ask enough guys and they are honest, if they don't find the perfect woman that is the be all and end all in their lives, then in their dreamworld they would have several women, all filling some need in their lives...That is the perfect scenario.. You see guys try to do this all the time...Women, when they are done, tend to be done....On to the next one...

This guy may be fighting the feelings he obviously has with you that enhanced his life, but still can't keep himself from seeking what perhaps you don't provide.. So he is torn...He drops these little gestures, like this late night call, partially because he may feel guilty, and partially, because he is unknowingly trying to "have it all"....

The fact that you share a child together means that on some level you can never fully detach...That's the issue, really...In this case, it would be better just to cut ties altogether, but that will likely never happen until the child is on their own and even then, you will likely be stuck making important life decisions and attending various events...\

At this point, just keep communication to a minimum, and only regarding matters concerning the child...Tell him to honor your space, and be firm about it...The only thing you need to do is hang in there and let time heal the wounds,....it does get better for just about everyone over time...In the meantime, if you have to "fake it til you make it" then do whatever it is that allows you to get by,,,, Good luck and hang in there,,,,,,

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.